PDA

View Full Version : Where can I buy ......

roamer
03-07-2008, 10:32 AM
Hi

:helpsmilie:
Where can I buy some pre-cooked meats?
e.g. ham,pork perhaps beef,preferably sliced.
Also salami and parma ham or equivalent.
Tired of English brekkie and fancy some of the above to keep in fridge.
SS Sausage in naklua do some of it but limited range
Quality and selection a priority,price not really an issue.
:cheers:

Capt Magoo
03-07-2008, 10:38 AM
My best guess would be Villa Market, probably the best shot at finding what you are looking for!

Cheers,

Magoo

nosehair
03-07-2008, 01:26 PM
eye agree with Magoo roamer...Villa Markethttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v682/spike67/foodmart.jpg....as far as meats go...they have all the good stuff there...New Zealand roast beef, ham....they have a pretty good deli section and the samiches are the best I've found in Pattaya.

...and well priced also....located in the new Avenues complex on 2nd Rd and soi 13.

Capt Magoo
03-07-2008, 03:31 PM
My best guess would be Villa Market, probably the best shot at finding what you are looking for!

Cheers,

Magoo

Winnie is right about Friendship on Pattaya Tai........ another store that I know has what you are looking for at probably a fraction of the cost of Villa Market is Foodland on Pattaya Klang between 2nd and 3rd

Dont forget to check out the lunch counter there too!!! Good valued grub there for sure!!!

Cheers,

Magoo

gonzo
03-07-2008, 03:42 PM
I was gonna suggest Foodland but the only one I've used is in Jomtien which is the opposite end to where you're staying.

torrenova
03-07-2008, 04:07 PM
Foodland and Friendship are a fraction of Villa Market for many things but do not discount Carrefour as they have quite a good selection and its only a couple of hundred metres from Foodland.

butterflyblonde
03-07-2008, 04:36 PM
If you are bored then perhaps consider buying one of those cooking pots (forget name) similar to what they use in MK restaurant. One time I was staying in my ex gf's apartment off soi pattaya tai and we brought one of those from Carrefour for around 400 baht.

This this was very versatile for cooking, can use it to make an MK 'Sukiyaki' type meal using water, veg, noodles and meat or you can put oil into the base and use it to fry food. My ex could make just about anything in it, pad thai, tom yam goong etc..but it also meant I could make a simple omlette myself using just eggs, spring onion and a little soy sauce, and make a sausage or bacon sandwich in the morning too, I like the italian sausage from TUK COM.

You may not want to cook but it's better than just eating cold meats in the morning IMO.

yd8jj6e_ZhY

roamer
03-09-2008, 09:27 PM
Thanks for replies
Went to Friendship Supermarket on pattaya tai
got more or less what I wanted, plus some other stuff as well,decent cheese selection and some nice bakery items.
Ok for a while now,will try Foodland and Villa Market next.