PDA

View Full Version : Eduardo of Arsenal suffers horrific broken leg

mack
02-23-2008, 01:59 PM
In the Bangkok Post, breaking news section:
Eduardo of Arsenal suffers horrific broken leg

London (dpa) - Arsenal striker Eduardo Da Silva suffered a suspected broken leg in an horrific incident during the English Premier League match with Birmingham City on Saturday.

The Brazilian born Croatian international went down under a challenge from Martin Taylor, who was sent off, after just two minutes of the game at St Andrew's. Eduardo received oxygen as he was taken off the field on a stretcher, having had eight minutes of treatment on the pitch.

The injury was so bad that many of the players turned away in shock, while Sky Television refused to show replays during the rest of the first half. Eduardo, who was the second-top scorer in the Euro qualifying campaign for Croatia, was taken to the nearby Selly Oak Hospital. He will almost certainly miss the finals of Euro in Austria and Switzerland later this year.

nosehair
02-23-2008, 02:03 PM
Eduardo has proven to be very resilient over the years mack...eye wouldn't count him out for next week just yet.

Bilbobaggins
02-23-2008, 02:05 PM
He'll be lucky to ever play again .
Hope he comes back though.
Wasn't even that bad a tackle, mystifying.

penetrator
02-23-2008, 03:15 PM
Why didn't 1 of the England players use this tactic when we played Croatia ?

ferocious
02-23-2008, 04:05 PM
He'll be lucky to ever play again .
Hope he comes back though.
Wasn't even that bad a tackle, mystifying.

you should be a referee baggins if you think that was not a bad tackle , studs up & thats a double compound fracture... nasty

optZxIy57sI

ferocious
02-23-2008, 04:38 PM
lol youtube have lifted the clip for copyright breach

ROLAND
02-23-2008, 05:01 PM
http://www.index.hr/images2/LomNogeV.jpg

BigBadSi
02-23-2008, 06:51 PM
horrific,thats got to be a career ending injury

butterflyblonde
02-23-2008, 07:08 PM
Youtube have blocked them all as pointed out already.

Found another site.

http://www.livevideo.com/video/62361F7A6833452792D9F51CDDC95552/arsenal-eduardo-da-silva-bro.aspx

old crust
02-23-2008, 07:46 PM
I agree with baggins, it was'nt that bad a tackle. Sometimes these breaks happen. Wenger is making a meal out of it, reckoning everybody is out to kick Arsenal off the park. Can't remember him speaking out last week when Gallas booted Naini off the ball.

ferocious
02-23-2008, 07:55 PM
putting your studs into someones shin is cowardly , we'll see what the FA make of it & i bet they don't say it wasn't that bad or i wonder if birmingham will appeal against the red card cos it wasn't that bad , going in hard is one thing but trying to maim people is wrong

butterflyblonde
02-23-2008, 09:10 PM
I guess the hardest part in proving how much intent there was from Taylor which can be a tough call.

I didn't watch the match but think I could be forgiven for thinking that tackle 'on appearance' didn't look particularly violent when compared to other similar tackles over the years.

Then again, it must take considerable force to actually break a leg unless Eduardo happens to have what I call 'balsa wood legs', a bit like Keiron Dyer who seemed to pick up injury after injury once upon a time.

Whatever the outcome, it's a shame for the player.

BigBadSi
02-23-2008, 11:46 PM
I agree OC wenger was OTT but that could av been the shock,I didnt see anying bad in the tackle ive seen much worse come off withj no punishment

Bilbobaggins
02-24-2008, 12:00 AM
I've just seen the whole incident, I felt sick, fuck me that is soooooooooooo bad
Feel so bad for Eduardo, good young player, to see his ankle basically detached from his leg was shocking

BigBadSi
02-24-2008, 12:14 AM
it was an illegal tackle but like i say ive seen much worse just unfortunate for all involved

Bilbobaggins
02-24-2008, 01:57 AM
putting your studs into someones shin is cowardly going in hard is one thing but trying to maim people is wrong

i totally agree mate, but there is no way Taylor went in to DO him.
One of lifes unfortunate incidents, its a shocker along the lines of David Busst at Old Trafford

Bilbobaggins
02-24-2008, 02:12 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byOKCMQpxKo

gonzo
02-24-2008, 06:21 AM
In the news this morning I noticed Wenger's retracted his comments and admitted he went a bit far.

BigBadSi
02-24-2008, 09:17 AM
it would av just been his emotions,i reckon all would av been shook up by it

butterflyblonde
02-24-2008, 06:28 PM
In the news this morning I noticed Wenger's retracted his comments and admitted he went a bit far.

A statement to that effect was read out by Salt n' Lineker on M.O.T.D last night but I see News of the world still went with a 'Wenger says he should never play again' story.

Shit stirrers.