PDA

View Full Version : Guitarists in Pattaya.........

Mirkwood
02-17-2008, 07:43 PM
One of the things that really gets up my nose in Pattaya is guitarists who can't play properly.

On a nightly basis not only do I have to endure 'Sultons of Swing' played in wrong cords and with missed notes but some moron falang telling me Lam Morrison and co are better than Jimmy Page or Zakk Wlyde.

To this day I have never seen a decent guitarist with a good equipment.

Why is the sound system so shit everywhere?

Also, why do so many people in Blues Factory act like they were big shots in groups in a past life , shout out advice or even worse want to sing with the band?

Just sit down and be quiet ok? :cunt:

Leave it to the pro's like Rockin Jerry.

Here's how to play a guitar.

rYMupc564zE

bkp
02-18-2008, 04:25 AM
Also, why do so many people in Blues Factory act like they were big shots in groups in a past life , shout out advice or even worse want to sing with the band?

Too small a venue with too loud music with people that have had too much alcohol feeling too much excitement about being on vacation. There is no cure. We must endure. :warlock:

roamer
02-18-2008, 12:16 PM

Just sit down and be quiet ok? :cunt:

LOL

Wasn`t in the BF but a few nights back I was enjoying listening to some music at a beer bar,thai band playing and some drunken falang decided to get with the band and start singing and dancing.
Dreadful singer,should have been dragged off.
:baseballbat:

mack
02-18-2008, 12:22 PM
That reminds me of a time in a beer bar when a farang joined the band to sing (poorly) the song "American Pie".... the one that goes on and on. Unfortunately he knew all the words so was able to 'sing' the whole song for us all. :shock:

bkp
02-18-2008, 09:38 PM
That reminds me of a time in a beer bar when a farang joined the band to sing (poorly) the song "American Pie".... the one that goes on and on. Unfortunately he knew all the words so was able to 'sing' the whole song for us all. :shock:

....."the day the music died"........

or a particular time you wished the music would have died? :musicband:

davethailand
02-19-2008, 10:41 AM
My new one is ok, his equipment is also not bad.Why is the sound system so shit everywhere?
Agreed, again I hope ours is a bit better then the norm.
I have to put up with that nightly.
:mau:

tom
02-19-2008, 03:48 PM
My new one is ok, his equipment is also not bad.Why is the sound system so shit everywhere?
Agreed, again I hope ours is a bit better then the norm.
I have to put up with that nightly.
:mau:

dave,

Back in the early 90s the Thais in their wisdom adopted some regulation that banned foreign performers from all but the major tourist hotels. I assume that ban has long since died a death, or not? Is it still in place and you just do what you have to do to have the guys (and Mary) perform or is it possible now to get work permits or whatever they need for foreign artists?

Drop me a PM if the answer isn't really for the open board.

nosehair
02-19-2008, 05:06 PM
tom....

davet will get back to you in 3 weeks.....as this will be his next scheduled visit:riverdance:

Mirkwood
02-19-2008, 07:27 PM
Dave,

As it goes I wasn't having a pop at The Blues Factory. Even though I'm not really a big blues music lover I can see your bands are by far better than 99% of the others.

I like going to Blue Factory now and then but as I said before there is always some fat mong who decides the band need his services. It's just one of my pet hates. Same as some people hate falangs getting up on the poles. When I see that it totally ruins my evening and I leave. Not just in yours, anywhere.

Why don't you employ some bouncers who stove peoples heads in if they try to get up and sing?

:out:

tom
02-20-2008, 12:05 AM
Dave,

As it goes I wasn't having a pop at The Blues Factory. Even though I'm not really a big blues music lover I can see your bands are by far better than 99% of the others.

I like going to Blue Factory now and then but as I said before there is always some fat mong who decides the band need his services. It's just one of my pet hates. Same as some people hate falangs getting up on the poles. When I see that it totally ruins my evening and I leave. Not just in yours, anywhere.

Why don't you employ some bouncers who stove peoples heads in if they try to get up and sing?

Some places actually advertise that some geriatric, rhinestone has-been is going to try and ruin your evening. Very considerate of them. :MyEmoticons-com__fi

yusamile
02-20-2008, 12:36 AM
Dave,

Yes you were, come on admit it,....Dave wont be back for a month anyway. Dave and his million baht Coca Cola. :shutup:

How is it that Dave just happens to turn up when there is a thread about music ????:guitar3:

davethailand
02-20-2008, 12:28 PM
dave,

Back in the early 90s the Thais in their wisdom adopted some regulation that banned foreign performers from all but the major tourist hotels. I assume that ban has long since died a death, or not? Is it still in place and you just do what you have to do to have the guys (and Mary) perform or is it possible now to get work permits or whatever they need for foreign artists?

Drop me a PM if the answer isn't really for the open board.

I hadn't heard of that too be honest although its long before I arrived here, Mary & Snowman have full performing work permits.dancing

davethailand
02-20-2008, 12:29 PM
Dave,

No probs mate, I actually agree with alot of what your saying, I sometimes cringe at what goes on on the stage.dancing

davethailand
02-20-2008, 12:33 PM
Yes you were, come on admit it,....Dave wont be back for a month anyway. Dave and his million baht Coca Cola. :shutup:
Cheaper that alot of other places.
How is it that Dave just happens to turn up when there is a thread about music ????:guitar3:
Of course, I have a music club? :guitar3: