PDA

View Full Version : re-sizing images

Elvis
01-29-2008, 04:10 PM
no point in me opening up took me two weeks to put youtube on here re sizeing would fuck me up bigtime :goodnight:

butterflyblonde
01-29-2008, 08:46 PM
Just to add to this thread. It's far better to add pictures to a board using free image hosting sites like photobucket.

Photobucket and various similar sites, actually resize your images automatically to a web friendly file size when you upload your pics to their site. This cuts out the need for re-sizing when posting them on any web boards.

For directions on how to upload pics from photobucket to here, see khun Winnie. dancing

mack
01-29-2008, 11:30 PM
What happened with a bunch of Hammer's old photos? Looking for a picture there earlier today a bunch of the pictures are gone and it just has photobucket ads where the pictures used to be. __:huh:

butterflyblonde
01-30-2008, 06:09 AM
You only get a certain amount of space on thoses sites, I would guess Adam at some point deletes photos on his account as he posts so many on boards, making way for new pics replacing old.

That in turn would of course remove the pics from here as the link to original source whould dissapear.

You can just keep sigining up for several accounts but don't know if Adam does that or not?

Jake
03-11-2010, 02:06 PM
I'm using Photobucket so does that mean that my size pic ( too small ) has automatically been made that size deliberately ?

yusamile
03-11-2010, 03:50 PM
I'm using Photobucket so does that mean that my size pic ( too small ) has automatically been made that size deliberately ?

If you uploaded from your comp to photobucket it should copy it same size as your original. You use the IMG code that comes up when you mouse over the pic to copy and paste here . It will be auto resized so it will fit here, so you dont need a resizer. Not sure why your pic was so small unless you chose another option in PB or your camera is set to its smallest setting,....but if it uploads to your comp at a large resolution from your camera then it must be an option in PB your selecting.

salonkitty
10-16-2014, 10:26 AM
It's far better to add pictures to a board using free image hosting sites like photobucket.
I disagree because the disadvantages of using such sites include:-

1. The aren't guaranteed to be FREE indefinitely. A couple of years ago Imageshack suddenly decided to make ad-hoc users sign up as members, and then they introduced hosting charges. I had to find a new home for around 5k images, quickly!

2. Images are moderated by the host, meaning that the really fruity ones get binned.

I feel the better option is to use the boards attachments feature or install a Coppermine Photo Gallery & link it via a bridge to the board & it's membership.