PDA

View Full Version : Smilies

bkp
01-18-2008, 05:40 PM
When making or responding to a post, I click on the "go advanced" option which brings up a sampling of smilies, then I click on the "more" option to bring up the window with all of the smilies. After about 20-30 seconds of this window being on my screen my screen begins to do funny things, flashing, images disappearing, freezing up. Any history of this problem?

Also, how do I attach smilies in the Shoutbox?

gonzo
01-18-2008, 05:43 PM
When making or responding to a post, I click on the "go advanced" option which brings up a sampling of smilies, then I click on the "more" option to bring up the window with all of the smilies. After about 20-30 seconds of this window being on my screen my screen begins to do funny things, flashing, images disappearing, freezing up. Any history of this problem?I've had exactly the same thing for a while so only use the limited number I can remember off hand these days. I think it started happening after one of the smilie uploads so I reckon there's a rogue one in there somewhere that's causing it.

Fork Handles
01-18-2008, 06:51 PM
I get it too...It happened just after I updated my protection software, so I've been blaming that.....some other stuff happened at the same time which was down to the anti-virus stuff changing my settings.

Fork Handles
01-18-2008, 06:58 PM
Update....I got an email on Thursday with a suggestion on fixing my anti-virus. It worked, and I've just checked the samilies. It looked like they were fixed too, but they only work if I open them without typing a post first. Trying them now and its fucked.

butterflyblonde
01-18-2008, 08:34 PM
I've had that same problem right from when I uploading umteen smilies into the database.

It could be a rogue smilie causing it but I would hazard a guess it may be the sheer volume of them causing it, it didn't do this before I went on a smilies mission.

If you close it and try re-opening that may sort the problem out, I usually find it happens most when I try to scroll through the list before allowing them to upload into the pop up box, it's best to wait a short while until they are all appearing before scrolling.

I have no idea how I can detect any troublesome ones that may be bugged though unfortunately.

mack
01-19-2008, 01:37 PM
bkp the only way I know how to make smilies show up in the shoutbox is to type in their code in shoutbox. I don't think you can click on the smile and have it show up in there. I could be wrong but that would be a first. :angel:

bkp
01-19-2008, 04:30 PM
Thanks for all of the responses. I was worried it might have been something in my computer only. Good info Ash about the possibility of the anti-virus having a part in it, I currently have a McAfee program that gives me a lot of grief. Probably a rougue samilie then, hope it isn't this one :usaflag: or this one :marching:

mack
01-19-2008, 05:38 PM
Be careful it's not a sleeper rogue smilie, after 24 hours they do this :blowup: inside your computer. :kid: