PDA

View Full Version : hotel required in BKK

butse
01-01-2008, 01:46 PM
We would like to stay in Bangkok for 3 nights from 28th Feb to 2nd March on our way to Pattaya for our main holiday. Originally we picked out the Woraburi but subsequent reviews have put us off there. Starting to get frustrated at this stage!!. Could anyone recommend a nice clean comfortable hotel comparable to the Woraburi in price and location. We are 2 couples and will be staying at the Residence garden in Pattaya. Thanks

tom
01-01-2008, 05:10 PM
We would like to stay in Bangkok for 3 nights from 28th Feb to 2nd March on our way to Pattaya for our main holiday. Originally we picked out the Woraburi but subsequent reviews have put us off there. Starting to get frustrated at this stage!!. Could anyone recommend a nice clean comfortable hotel comparable to the Woraburi in price and location. We are 2 couples and will be staying at the Residence garden in Pattaya. Thanks

What's your budget?

simie
01-02-2008, 06:25 AM
Butse, Woraburi quite a way down soi 4 and like you I've also heard bad reports about it. If you wanted to be in the soi 4 area try the Majestic suites, rooms from 1,315 baht. They get quite booked up so you might not get in? Also no pool if that bothers you? If you want a pool and that price range then you could try the Federal hotel down soi 11. Pool and rooms from 1,200 baht. Their in house restaurant also used to do rather good Thai food as well. If your not bothered about being in the Nana area then you could go a bit further down Sukhumvit and try the refurbished rooms at the Honey hotel soi 19. 1,350 baht including breakfast and they also have a small pool. If you wanted something a bit better and still wanted the the Nana area (not quite sure why you would if your 2 couples?) you could try the Dynasty grande soi 6 from 2,680 baht. The Majestic grande soi 2 from 3,300 baht or the Amari boulevard in soi 5 from about 3,200. All nice hotels and handy for the BTS.
Simie.

gonzo
01-02-2008, 09:36 AM
Another option is the new hotel owned by the Majestic group, the Citichic on soi 13. Halfway between nana and cowboy and at around 2,500 a night halfway in price between the Majestic suites and Majestic grande. The rooms are nicely kitted out and the hotel is less than a year old. Stayed there last month and will be staying there again in March.

If proximity to Nana is a must though and soi 13 is too far, then I'd second simie's recommendation of the Dynasty Grande. A very nice room for the money and the 24 hour room service comes in handy.

butse
01-02-2008, 10:54 AM
Thank simie. Brilliant info. Will check them out
Thanks also to gonzo.
Happy New Year to all!

butse
01-02-2008, 10:57 AM
What's your budget?
To Tom
1500-2000aht p.n. (hopefully!!)

ROLAND
01-02-2008, 01:23 PM
To Tom
1500-2000aht p.n. (hopefully!!)

You have plenty of choice in that range but avoid flea pits like the Nana and Dynasty on Soi 4.

Elvis
01-02-2008, 02:18 PM
i liked nana but i am cheap charlie :woosiechair:

mack
01-02-2008, 02:23 PM
Not much middle ground on the Nana...it's a "I like the place, I hate the place" kind of hotel. I'd probably stay there again on a short stay but wouldn't stay there if it was in a two-couple traveling situation like butse will be in. :cheers:

butse
01-02-2008, 03:35 PM
Thanks mack. you're dead right. We've been before but my friend and his wife will be on their 1st foreign holiday and Id like it to be as nice a place as possible- budget permitting. tanks for your help and advice guys

bunthom
01-06-2008, 04:56 PM
have you taken a look at the Chateau de Bangkok? Some of the best rates are on Latestays.com if you are booking for the next two weeks. Very nice place and the rooms will be a big step up from the RG but the layout would be the same if you took one of the JR Suites. Can be had for around 2300 at a last minute, but you may have to go to 3000 depending on what they have available

bunthom
01-06-2008, 04:57 PM
One more thing, if you are looking for a really nice place the Grand Millenium just opened and they have a special deal for 4100 with breakfast. Brand new, right at the BTS as well as the Subway at Asoke. Not stayed there, but looks really fine

BigBadSi
01-07-2008, 10:28 AM
You have plenty of choice in that range but avoid flea pits like the Nana and Dynasty on Soi 4.

i thought the nana was great dancing

simie
01-07-2008, 12:30 PM
One more thing, if you are looking for a really nice place the Grand Millenium just opened and they have a special deal for 4100 with breakfast. Brand new, right at the BTS as well as the Subway at Asoke. Not stayed there, but looks really fine

I hav'nt stayed there either but certainly looks nice and as you say superb location for the BTS and MRT. Are they still doing that opening offer? thought it had stopped now but maybe not? If not their normal rate including tax is more or less 7k a night.
Simie.

butse
01-07-2008, 02:32 PM
Thanks for the info Bunthom. Bit above our budget though. We've settled for the Grand Inn sukhumvit. Not booked yet but hopefully this week. Hope we've made the right choice.
Anyone stayed there? Appreciate some feedback
Thanks

gonzo
01-07-2008, 04:07 PM
We've settled for the Grand Inn sukhumvit. Not booked yet but hopefully this week. Hope we've made the right choice.
ThanksBill has stayed there but he's away at the moment, the lucky twat. Think he said it was alright.

butse
01-07-2008, 05:06 PM
Bill has stayed there but he's away at the moment, the lucky twat. Think he said it was alright.
Thanks gonzo. The word of you fellows is good enough for me. I think we'll settle for the Grand Inn and hope for the best.
Thanks for all the help from you fellows

gonzo
01-07-2008, 05:11 PM
Thanks gonzo. The word of you fellows is good enough for me. I think we'll settle for the Grand Inn and hope for the best.
Thanks for all the help from you fellowsErrr....actually when I thought about it he might have been at the Grand Business Inn on soi 11 which is a different place. Sorry.

simie
01-07-2008, 09:06 PM
Thanks for the info Bunthom. Bit above our budget though. We've settled for the Grand Inn sukhumvit. Not booked yet but hopefully this week. Hope we've made the right choice.
Thanks

Butse, never stayed at the Grand Inn myself, but I seem to remember a mate stayed there a few years ago and it does stick in the mind. The problem is I can't remember whether it is because it was ok or shit?! have a nasty feeling it could have been shit! If I was you and you want that sort of price/area I'd give the the MajesticSsuites a mail and try and get in there?
Simie.

butse
01-09-2008, 12:43 PM
If I was you and you want that sort of price/area I'd give the the MajesticSsuites a mail and try and get in there?
Simie.

Tanks for the help simie. Trying to get a booking for the Majestic Suites at the moment. Looks good and the reviews are mainly ok.
Thanks again for your great help

butse
01-13-2008, 09:20 AM
If I was you and you want that sort of price/area I'd give the the MajesticSsuites a mail and try and get in there?
Simie.

Just to let you know simie, we got the Majestic suites and are quite satisfied. Thanks again for your recommendations. Appreciate it.

simie
01-14-2008, 04:35 PM
No problem, happy to help.
Simie.