PDA

View Full Version : We're sorry, this video is no longer available (some board maintenance needed?)

mack
12-27-2007, 01:24 PM
Unfortunately this is a message that shows up a lot if you click on many of the videos we've put up from Youtube on this board. Going through some of the music videos there were a LOT that didn't work anymore. To me it's annoying when I click on the video and it's no good now, so I've been going back through some of the music videos I've put on and finding replacements. It's time consuming and kind of a pain in the ass, but it's faster than putting them up originally. If you copy the song name and artist from here and drop it into Youtube's search box you almost always will find the exact same video available that someone else put there...just copy the 11 number/letter code and dump in back into your post on here...but like I said...it takes some time.

For example, on the great acting thread, on just the first 3 pages there's about 9 or 10 videos that give you the "sorry" message. Yesterday I went through the Beatles and Rolling Stones and a few other video music threads and quite a few were no good, but all except a couple were replaceable at Youtube... just put up by a different person than the original where it was gotten from.

Here's the point of this post, and it's for mainly nosehair, ferocious, gonzo, jonny, penetrator and a few others....these seem to be the ones along with me who have put up the most videos from Youtube here. It's just a suggestion too :hiding: ...but the suggestion is to go back through some of the favorite ones you put on the board and see if they need replacing and if so, get a working link. The problem is it's probably going to have to be checked periodically, since for whatever reason these links don't always last.

Look on it as a form of board maintenance. I plan on checking and fixing most of the ones I put on but realize that I have more spare time (and don't have a "life") so I understand if you don't do it. I have the time to fix mine but not that much to fix your videos, so that part is "up to you." __ :cheers:

jonny
12-27-2007, 03:02 PM
good spot mack, if I get some free time I'll try and go through some

bouncer
12-27-2007, 10:15 PM
If you can pull your ass from the foampartys it would apriciated dear jonny.