PDA

View Full Version : Motosai helmets in Pattaya-where to buy and what kind?

mack
01-20-2007, 07:40 PM
Eventually I'll need a top-notch helmet (price not a consideration for something as important as that to me). I bought one at Carrefoure after the one loaned to me at the moto-rental shop appeared very flimsy to me, but the Carrefoure one is not that good either. The one I bought doesn't have a face shield for one thing, something I noticed would be good to have as I drove fairly fast down a mostly vehicle-free 2nd Road about 6 A.M. one morning and a big bug smashed into my cheek. I wear glasses :man: but am not experienced in riding and didn't think that a bug into the cheek could be so distracting, but it was to me.

I want a helmet that gives me the best chance of protecting my head :rip: if what seems to be the inevitable happens....a Thai talking on a cell phone while balancing a big sreen HD T.V. on their head loses control while driving and text-messaging, and slams into me. Or possibly the drunken farang on a huge motosai who is attempting to set a land speed record for two wheels and smashes into me from behind. Or maybe the outside chance of Hilly's driver finally snapping :gun_bandana: and he attempts to run down as many farangs as he can :tank: before he commits suicide.

Seriously, you riders in Pattaya, the name of a good place, it's location, and someone at the shop knowledgable to talk to as to the type of helmet? Thanks :cheers:

yusamile
01-20-2007, 11:22 PM
Eventually I'll need a top-notch helmet (price not a consideration for something as important as that to me). I bought one at Carrefoure after the one loaned to me at the moto-rental shop appeared very flimsy to me, but the Carrefoure one is not that good either. The one I bought doesn't have a face shield for one thing, something I noticed would be good to have as I drove fairly fast down a mostly vehicle-free 2nd Road about 6 A.M. one morning and a big bug smashed into my cheek. I wear glasses :man: but am not experienced in riding and didn't think that a bug into the cheek could be so distracting, but it was to me.

I want a helmet that gives me the best chance of protecting my head :rip: if what seems to be the inevitable happens....a Thai talking on a cell phone while balancing a big sreen HD T.V. on their head loses control while driving and text-messaging, and slams into me. Or possibly the drunken farang on a huge motosai who is attempting to set a land speed record for two wheels and smashes into me from behind. Or maybe the outside chance of Hilly's driver finally snapping :gun_bandana: and he attempts to run down as many farangs as he can :tank: before he commits suicide.

Seriously, you riders in Pattaya, the name of a good place, it's location, and someone at the shop knowledgable to talk to as to the type of helmet? Thanks :cheers:

Fucked if i know, i just buy that cheap shit, cause i'm a cheap shit !!! But i have to say that post make me laugh Mack,...the image of the Thai on a motosai carrying a tv and talking on the phone is just so real its scarelarious ( hey a new word ). :clap: :thumbup:

monsterman
01-24-2007, 08:53 PM
wrangler HD in duck sq off pattaya Tai near big C have good imported helmets but they aint cheap, Caberg. some arai and others.

monsterman

mack
01-24-2007, 09:08 PM
thanks for that monster :cheers:

MioBikerBoyz
02-05-2007, 06:36 AM
Price is no objection, good, cuz then Wrangler HD should be alright for you..but to get your moneys worth because it ain't often that you get into a bike accident (unless your a Thai driver), go to Pattaya TV and check out their full face helmets. Thai brand INDEX with some good designs and quite inexpensive. Good luck.

zog
02-22-2007, 10:57 AM
I brought my shoei over from home.

bouncer
02-25-2007, 09:25 PM
yepp buya one at home mack