PDA

View Full Version : Brand New and Lookin' for Advice

Classyexec
12-09-2007, 12:11 AM
Just signed up and looking forward to getting some good advice! I'm planning a trip to Thailand next summer, and want to do all the advance planning I can to maximize my fun and mongering. I welcome any and all good advice -- where to stay, what clubs, bars, streets to visit, etc.

I'm sure I'll have follow up questions, so thanks in advance for the help.

So, first off -- should I focus on Pattaya, or Bangkok, or spend time in several places, if my first priority is maximum fun with drop dead gorgeous Thai women?

Thanks again,

Rich from Minnesota

Bilbobaggins
12-09-2007, 12:17 AM
Pattaya.......
Welcome to the real world :thumbsup:

old crust
12-09-2007, 12:22 AM
Welcome Classy.

Bangkok before Pattaya depends on the length of your holiday.

Feel free to ask as many questions as you can.

nosehair
12-09-2007, 12:26 AM
welcome rich...hope you enjoy the boarddancing...a lot of knowledgeable guys here.... just peruse the threads and will glean a lot of useful information:cheers:

To get you started do a search on posts by mmike:MyEmoticons-com__be:malletfight:....a veritable cornicopia of F N info on Pattaya.:riverdance:

sabang
12-09-2007, 02:14 AM
If your first priority is bedroom gymnastics, Pattaya for sure.

A little more detail would help, such as-
How long is your trip? A trip to an island might be a good idea if you are here for a while.
Are you into culture, tropical beaches, or non stop liquor & likkers?
Accomodation budget? Cheap n' cheerful, mid range, ultra nice?

gonzo
12-09-2007, 09:17 AM
Welcome to the board Rich :cheers:

A lot of guys I know prefer BKK to Pattaya and most of the guys here prefer Pattaya to BKK. Personally I enjoy both places so I'd recommend giving each a try and making up your own mind. Pattaya certainly has the edge in terms of quantity (and by a long way too) although when I was last over few weeks back I'd say BKK had the better quality.

As others have said, if you give an idea of what your budget is then you'll get plenty of recommendations as to where to stay.

roamer
12-09-2007, 09:53 AM
Hi and welcome on board.
I personally prefer Pattaya to Bangkok but in fairness I haven`t spent enough time in Bangkok to get to know where to go etc.

Only a general comment on accomodation in Pattaya, on a first trip
I`d choose somewhere with a good location so it`s easy for you to
get around.
Really any of the sois(streets) 1 through to 13 between Beach Road and 2nd Road would be well located.

On some early trips I`ve stayed at hotels on soi 13, Dynasty Inn ,Lek and Whitehouse Condotel all OK,better value to be found elsewhere but still good for a 1st visit.
I think there`s also some popular choices on sois 7&8 which appear
to be better value but no personal experience.

As others have said give an idea of budget and what is important to you e.g. swimming pool,facilities and you should get some specific recommendations.

torrenova
12-09-2007, 11:33 AM
Bangers has to be done but pretty boring going around the tourist spots unless you're with someone. All that stuff takes days but you can do it over many years.

Top end 5* hotel nightclubs are favoured by some but others prefer the bar trawl. Depends upon your values.

Bangkok infuriates me because I know there is so much more to do than bars and go-gos but I live in Pattaya and have been going to Bangkok for the best part of 15 years. Each trip to bangers made me want to get back to Pattaya or get to Pattaya and only maybe now, after not really having gone there for 3 years, I wouldn't mind a few days. Might take the wife when the baby is a little older !

If you're the sort who likes late night drinking, casual relaxed atmosphere etc. then Pattaya will probably appeal more. If you want regimented drinking in certain areas but with some proper shops and some history then Bangkok will be attractive. I just hate the early closing of the bars.

Classyexec
12-10-2007, 12:22 AM
thanks much...I will do that search.

monsterman
12-10-2007, 12:16 PM
BKK is now a waste of time and money it used to be great but!....... come to pattaya for a fun time

Classyexec
12-11-2007, 04:08 AM
Thanks for the welcome, guys. In response to some of the questions, I am planning my first trip for next mid to late summer (late July, early August, I'm guessing) for about 7 - 10 days, max, unfortunately. My primary reason (like most guys) is to go and enjoy some drop dead beautiful Thai (or other Asian) women.....I want to see if those beautiful young (or older!) Thai ladies really do take such good care of their dates that you risk falling in love with them....and no, I won't...but I love the idea of being treated that well, and that sexually well...that I might feel that way.

Am I into culture? Maybe with a beautiful, sexy young lady on my arm I would explore some of the sites (but only if she kept my "interested" ....beaches, yes, but not by myself (again)....I do want to explore the Pattaya nightlife, with a focus on the more upscale places, not the bottom-feeder locations (doesn't mean I want to spend all my money in high class joints, I think one would usually be safer in those places, and see a more beautiful, d/d/f class of lady, right?

I REALLY want a fabulous asian soapy massage....or two or three...hell, I wish I could get one here in the USA (in fact, anyone know of any places in the US where I COULD get a soapy massage, Pattaya style?)

For accomodations, I don't need 5 star (unless it's a really great deal!), but I do want really comfortable, even mildly classy, and not a low end budget place....and can I assume all the hotels in the area are OK with me bringing ladies back in, at all hours, etc.?

How's that for some further information? And maybe one last type of question -- are there expats in Pattaya willing to give a first time, "rank" Newbie some pointers, once I'm on the ground and doing the bar trawl?

Thanks again for your responses and help!
Rich in Minnesota

tom
12-11-2007, 04:29 AM
BKK is now a waste of time and money it used to be great but!....... come to pattaya for a fun time

Why is BKK a waste of time and money? :sad:

sabang
12-11-2007, 04:46 AM
Accomodation- Residence Garden.

Pattaya is full of low end sleaze joints, so pretend you are a classy exec by treating yourself to the Sunday buffet at Mantra restaurant (U can google it). You won't regret it, unless maybe you've got your bargirl in tow. Have a nice meal at Mata Hari too. Seeing as you are from Minnesootaa, check out Bei Gerhard in Soi 33 Naklua, it will satisfy the Skandi/German in you.

If it's true lub, take her down to Ko Samet for a coupla nights and get ripped off like the rest of the falangs.

Help the poor, and make sure you pop into BM's Torrenova and Magoo's bars. They might even give you some useful advice if they're not on the piss again.

GoGo's- Angelwitch, Boesche, Catz, Peppermint, and of course a few you will regret trying.

Don't swim in the Sea- it is foul.

Classyexec
12-11-2007, 04:52 AM
thanks for the info....actually, i don't want to regret any experience in Pattaya so thanks for this, and more, info, to steer me to the good places, etc....if there ARE places you think I should simply avoid (except maybe to pop in, buy and drink and experience the "awful", etc.) please let me know.

Life is too short to make my first trip at this "advanced" age (mid 40s) and waste a single day...maybe an hour or two, but I want the true "oh my gawd" paradise experience....beautiful woman, great restaurants, great hotel, etc.....

And what is "Ko Samet"? hotel? resort? sounds like it's a place to avoid, right?

thanks.

nosehair
12-11-2007, 06:02 AM
....I do want to explore the Pattaya nightlife, with a focus on the more upscale places, not the bottom-feeder locations (doesn't mean I want to spend all my money in high class joints, I think one would usually be safer in those places, and see a more beautiful, d/d/f class of lady, right....

Wish I could help you with those upscale jointz:rich: yer looking for....but I've never been in one or even know where one iz.:detective:....

I'm a bottom feeder:couchpotato:....someone has to eat down there.:newyear:

Fork Handles
12-11-2007, 06:04 AM
Rich,
Samet is an island, about two hours south of Pattaya. Plenty of local operators can do a package tour for less than $50 US per day.

The idea is to find a girl you like in the first few days, then take her to the island. Once away from their friends and work they usually open up and you will be in serious danger of falling in lub.:awkward:

There's a guy on this board name of Magoo, decent enough chap for a Yank :flipa: who has a bar on the Jomtien road. Good man to talk to and a good bar for a relaxed drink.:3beers: Plenty of other barowners and expats around here as well.....our man Sabang has already given you some good advice, as has Torrenova. (But you can never find Torre in his bar :offtobed:)

I endorse the Residence Garden as a hotel. There are other others more upmarket; Dusit, Hard Rock, Marriot, but they wont welcome your companion(s). The Areca is also quite good in a central location, but the rooms at the RG are much better.

As for high class nightspots, well they all exist for one reason only. Davethailand's Blues Factory provides an enjoyable alternative, as does Moon River Pub at the other end of town.

Take your time, kick your shoes off, have a read here (trawl through the newbie stuff) and we'll be glad to help you along the way.:grouphug:

Oh yeah, you're gonna love the soapie.:happyb-day:

mack
12-11-2007, 02:02 PM
Since you are staying for 7-10 days and it's your first trip plus you say you're not that into the sightseeing this time I'd give Bangkok a miss this trip and go straight to :patters: If you're looking for the very pretty ones and you're limited on time your best bet would be to hit the Go-Go's, people with current knowlege on the top ones can weigh in there although Happy A-Go-Go and the Superbaby/Supergirl ones are usually always strong. I second the Residence Garden choice, a nice suite hotel not that far from the action, absolutely no problem bringing guests back to the room, even a less obtrusive entrance from the parking stairs to the elevator if you're shy and back before they lock the gate at around 10 P.M. But no one gives a second glance at reception, they've seen it all over the years. Depending on the time of the year their rates range from 1600-2500 but if you mention that you're a member of the FLB message board when you book via email the rate is 1399 per night. Here's a link to the hotel's Web site:

http://www.theresidencegarden.com/

Classyexec
12-11-2007, 10:34 PM
Rich,
Samet is an island, about two hours south of Pattaya. Plenty of local operators can do a package tour for less than $50 US per day.

The idea is to find a girl you like in the first few days, then take her to the island. Once away from their friends and work they usually open up and you will be in serious danger of falling in lub.:awkward:

There's a guy on this board name of Magoo, decent enough chap for a Yank :flipa: who has a bar on the Jomtien road. Good man to talk to and a good bar for a relaxed drink.:3beers: Plenty of other barowners and expats around here as well.....our man Sabang has already given you some good advice, as has Torrenova. (But you can never find Torre in his bar :offtobed:)

I endorse the Residence Garden as a hotel. There are other others more upmarket; Dusit, Hard Rock, Marriot, but they wont welcome your companion(s). The Areca is also quite good in a central location, but the rooms at the RG are much better.

As for high class nightspots, well they all exist for one reason only. Davethailand's Blues Factory provides an enjoyable alternative, as does Moon River Pub at the other end of town.

Take your time, kick your shoes off, have a read here (trawl through the newbie stuff) and we'll be glad to help you along the way.:grouphug:

Oh yeah, you're gonna love the soapie.:happyb-day:
Thanks for this great information....very helpful! I hope you won't mind if I get back to you with a question or two, as I plan out my trip. thanks again

Classyexec
12-11-2007, 10:35 PM
Since you are staying for 7-10 days and it's your first trip plus you say you're not that into the sightseeing this time I'd give Bangkok a miss this trip and go straight to :patters: If you're looking for the very pretty ones and you're limited on time your best bet would be to hit the Go-Go's, people with current knowlege on the top ones can weigh in there although Happy A-Go-Go and the Superbaby/Supergirl ones are usually always strong. I second the Residence Garden choice, a nice suite hotel not that far from the action, absolutely no problem bringing guests back to the room, even a less obtrusive entrance from the parking stairs to the elevator if you're shy and back before they lock the gate at around 10 P.M. But no one gives a second glance at reception, they've seen it all over the years. Depending on the time of the year their rates range from 1600-2500 but if you mention that you're a member of the FLB message board when you book via email the rate is 1399 per night. Here's a link to the hotel's Web site:

http://www.theresidencegarden.com/
Thanks very much for the recommendation and advice....greatly helpful!

Fork Handles
12-12-2007, 09:13 AM
By the way have you been properly welcomed to the board yet?:clapping:

I'll have our New Member Liaison Officer, the estimable Mack :loony:, select an appropriate welcoming gift to make you feel at home. Do you have a favourite colour?:shiftgear:

mack
12-12-2007, 11:37 AM
P-R has only one major sponsor Classyexec, and that would be Apparelop (www.apparelop.com), the internet's biggest and best online megastore. They've kindly supplied P-R with gifts for selected new members (you!) in exchange for us mentioning them occasionally in our posts.

As you claw your way up the corporate ladder Classyexec, what could be better than to do it with your own personal....Boston Bruins Small Professional Portfolio?!

That's right Classy, this Boston Bruins Small Professional Portfolio is good for....well, let's have our great partners at Apparelop tell you exactly what it's good for:

"This Boston Bruins Small Professional Portfolio is idealistic because of field of force act, or since those little meetings in what place you demand to take a part. Holds and comes in the opinion of small 5x7" fill out of drafts and is made of leather. This small & fitted to go portfolio keeps your act in localise and you sounding tart. Features the team up logotype embossed on the extend. Officially licensed by NHL. Our received take back insurance policy applies on account of this point."

Personally Classyexec, I'd like to feel a tart rather than sound tart, but that's just me. Congratulations on your free gift* and welcome to the board! :cheers:

*Please PM Fork Handles, who is responsible this month for all shipping matters for P-R. He will inform you where to send the nominal 1745 baht to cover the mailing costs for your lovely gift.

gonzo
12-12-2007, 03:38 PM
I notice a couple of people recommending the RG but has anyone stayed there recently? I haven't for a couple of years and when I was last there it was looking a bit tatty and was desperately in need of a refurb. Have they sorted it out now?

Fork Handles
12-12-2007, 04:58 PM
Stayed there in April in one of the big rooms.

Good as gold.

mack
12-12-2007, 05:19 PM
I notice a couple of people recommending the RG but has anyone stayed there recently? I haven't for a couple of years and when I was last there it was looking a bit tatty and was desperately in need of a refurb. Have they sorted it out now?

For someone who sleeps in cupboards, do you really care gonzo if the paint on the walls has faded some at the R.G.?

gonzo
12-12-2007, 05:46 PM
For someone who sleeps in cupboards, do you really care gonzo if the paint on the walls has faded some at the R.G.?A cupboard, not cupboards. I'm not planning on doing it again............until Fig's wedding.

mack
12-12-2007, 05:54 PM
Fig's planning on assigning some handlers to you gonzo. They'll make sure you at least get there in good shape. Afterwards you'll be back on your own. :cheers:

Classyexec
01-13-2008, 05:15 AM
Favorite color....hmmm.....well, I like emerald green....I think I like it because it's such a sensual color on asian skin (can you tell why I'm excited to get to pattaya?). so.....what's my newbie welcome gift?

Classyexec
01-13-2008, 05:18 AM
I'll be sending the money right away! thanks much :-P

Rich

butse
01-13-2008, 12:13 PM
Should have given him the watch mack!!
Look better in the write up!

Well done classy!!

Classyexec
01-13-2008, 07:56 PM
[QUOTE=Gildas;80389]if you have the time I'd say spend two nights in Bangkok before heading to Pattaya: Nana Plaza, Soi Cowboy, Washington Sq. a good (if costly) soapie up on Ratchada..all worth a shoofty imho. But I just plain like Bangers so am a bit biased.

Sounds like a good plan -- however, if I only have 8 - 10 days, total, in LOS, should I take two of those days away from Pattaya, when you look at all the available options in Pat? For example, can you get a great soapie in Pattaya? I really do want one....and I've read "Why Thailand" (I guess I'm going thru Steve's ebook a second time now, already!) and he mentions the Nana Plaza area as a great place for some good times....all said, given 8 - 10 days, what do you think is the best, most effective use of my time (and I'm looking for beautiful, hot bangers as well...in fact, I hope to stumble on a "blow your brains (and other things) out" GFE while in LOS.

Your thoughts? and thanks again.

Rich

Delaware
01-13-2008, 08:40 PM
Fig's planning on assigning some handlers to you gonzo. They'll make sure you at least get there in good shape. Afterwards you'll be back on your own. :cheers:

I heard that delaware is being assigned as his handler.

gonzo
01-13-2008, 09:09 PM
I heard that delaware is being assigned as his handler.That's me screwed then, I'll have drunk you under the table and loaded you onto a motorsai long before I'm anywhere near that pissed, same as always.

gonzo
01-13-2008, 09:27 PM
Sounds like a good plan -- however, if I only have 8 - 10 days, total, in LOS, should I take two of those days away from Pattaya, when you look at all the available options in Pat? For example, can you get a great soapie in Pattaya? I really do want one....and I've read "Why Thailand" (I guess I'm going thru Steve's ebook a second time now, already!) and he mentions the Nana Plaza area as a great place for some good times....all said, given 8 - 10 days, what do you think is the best, most effective use of my time (and I'm looking for beautiful, hot bangers as well...in fact, I hope to stumble on a "blow your brains (and other things) out" GFE while in LOS.

Your thoughts? and thanks again.

RichAs far as soapies are concerned then BKK wins hands down. The top end soapies in BKK have some of the most stunning birds I've ever seen, but they have prices to match.

The quantity of available girls in Pattaya is staggering but based on my last visit to BKK (Nov) the quality in the gogos there is higher on average but the gogos in Pattaya are far filthier.

With 10 days to play with you could easily have a quick look in BKK, maybe 2 or 3 nights, and then do Pattaya. BKK will be more expensive than Pattaya and your daytime options are severely limited for mongering but if you want to do other than drink and shag then it's definitely worth a look.

Another thing to take into account is whether you prefer gogos or beer bars as compared to Pattaya BKK has very few beer bars.

At the end of the day everyone has their preferences for one place over another and until you go and see for yourself you won't know which suits you best.

69Billy
01-16-2008, 09:08 AM
[QUOTE=sabang;74277]Accomodation- Residence Garden.

Don't you think Residence is bit out of the way for newbe..??!!
What about..Areca Lodge...
http://www.r24.org/pattayacity.com/pattaya/areca/

Classyexec
01-16-2008, 02:46 PM
As far as soapies are concerned then BKK wins hands down. The top end soapies in BKK have some of the most stunning birds I've ever seen, but they have prices to match.

The quantity of available girls in Pattaya is staggering but based on my last visit to BKK (Nov) the quality in the gogos there is higher on average but the gogos in Pattaya are far filthier.

With 10 days to play with you could easily have a quick look in BKK, maybe 2 or 3 nights, and then do Pattaya. BKK will be more expensive than Pattaya and your daytime options are severely limited for mongering but if you want to do other than idrink and shag then it's definitely worth a look.

Another thing to take into account is whether you prefer gogos or beer bars as compared to Pattaya BKK has very few beer bars.

At the end of the day everyone has their preferences for one place over another and until you go and see for yourself you won't know which suits you best.

I think I want to 'experience it all"...I know, I know...I'll have to learn to pace myself, due to sensory/sexual/Thai girl overload! Looking forward to that problem!

Rich

Classyexec
01-16-2008, 02:48 PM
[QUOTE=sabang;74277]Accomodation- Residence Garden.

Don't you think Residence is bit out of the way for newbe..??!!
What about..Areca Lodge...
http://www.r24.org/pattayacity.com/pattaya/areca/

This looks like a nice place! I assume you've stayed there? The prices look simillar to the REsidence Garden, right?

Rich

gonzo
01-16-2008, 04:25 PM
Doesn't the Areca charge for more than one joiner? It's also no smoking throughout if that's an issue.

gonzo
01-16-2008, 05:09 PM
correctimondo gonz dancing2 reasons why I never have, and never will, stay there.

69Billy
01-18-2008, 01:04 PM
correctimondo gonz dancing
Winny..I thougt you liked it there...:huh:
Ok..This is the one I stayed morethen 10 times..
http://www.r24.org/pattayacity.com/pattaya/sunshine/
PS..
If you going to stay there...make sure you book in to Sunshine Residences..

Fork Handles
01-18-2008, 06:38 PM
Winny..I thougt you liked it there...:huh:
Ok..This is the one I stayed morethen 10 times..
http://www.r24.org/pattayacity.com/pattaya/sunshine/
PS..
If you going to stay there...make sure you book in to Sunshine Residences..

I like it there too Billy. Someone else as well...was it Si?...always stayed there.

Good value, only beef I had was the bed...two singles roped together pretending to be a king sized.:patters:
That and the car radio in my room never worked.

Fork Handles
01-18-2008, 09:01 PM
Winnie you talking about Sunshine or Areca?