PDA

View Full Version : The Chucker Finally Gets There

bazzap
12-03-2007, 07:38 PM
"Sri Lankan spinner Muttiah Muralidaran removed England's Paul Collingwood this afternoon to claim his 709th Test wicket and surpass retired Australian legend Shane Warne as Test cricket's greatest ever wicket-taker."

This no doubt will make a lot of you blokes happy

At least our Shane bowled legally.

ferocious
12-03-2007, 07:44 PM
sour grapes bazz...... did you know shane warnes mother is german ?

Figjam
12-04-2007, 01:55 AM
I could get the record throwing the fucking thing at the poms:nosepick:

torrenova
12-04-2007, 09:39 PM
Great debate on this one. Bob Willis reckons he should have been banned years ago and I probably agree. When you see it on TV it is a chuck and that wasn't allowed when I played.

old crust
12-08-2007, 09:11 AM
He would have never played in Australian grade cricket. Sadly he played in our local Leicestershire league as a youngster and was never called for chucking due to political correctness.

His deformaty is'nt his fault and he is'nt a cheat, it is a case of the authorities being too weak in upholding the traditions of the game. When he was finally no balled in Australia, the ICC should have backed the Aussies and not given in to the Asian cricket mafia, who now have taken over the running of the game.

I was in Sri Lanka for the last England test tour and every local I spoke to, thought he chucked.

torrenova
12-08-2007, 04:50 PM
You're probably right, had he been a white bloke he would never have played. Political correctness gone bonkers.

Fork Handles
12-08-2007, 08:41 PM
The bottom line is, the rules were changed to accomodate him.
QED his action is illegal under the old rules. Every other cunt that ever played, played under a different standard.

So we should have one set of records for every other cunt that ever played, and one record for him.

old crust
12-08-2007, 11:47 PM
I still think his action is still outside of the law. The other problem it has caused is other bowlers are getting away with the odd chuck. Gough, Flintoff and Lee all have suspect effort balls IMHO.