PDA

View Full Version : Scotland v Italy

elway69
11-17-2007, 01:05 AM
Anyone know if it's being screened in Pattaya.
I haven't seen anyone advertising it and it's getting close to kick off.

penetrator
11-17-2007, 06:18 PM
They'll be plenty of Sweatys crying into their kilts tonight.

They gave it a good crack though, more than can be said for our bunch of wankers whatever happens.

old crust
11-17-2007, 07:33 PM
Which Town in Scotland does the linesman come from?

ferocious
11-17-2007, 07:49 PM
oh well another summer without football for scotland...! israel beat russia and macedonia are beating croatia so looks like we could finish top after all

soi 2
11-17-2007, 11:28 PM
'Heroic failure' was written all ower this clash between reigning world champs and underdogs Scotland.

I was at work and had to listen to the game on the radio. Torture - as matches always sound ten times more exciting on the radio !

We lost but there is a positive mood here. Although we didn't qualify we have regained some respect. After the nightmare Berti Vogts period, we have remereged as a decent team who will fight hard.

Fans stayed behind to cheer the players for a lap of honour. Even though we didnt make the Euro Championships. Progress has been achieved.

Look at the bigger picture. Our FIFA rankings have skyrocketed. You get like 30 points for beating Wales and 120 for beating France.
The big result for us is no longer being in the fourth seeds pot for the World Cup but being in the second seeds pot.

See you in South Africa !!

ferocious
11-18-2007, 06:22 AM
got to admit it was a great effort by the jocks , i never gave them a prayer when they were drawn with italy , france & ukraine

Wiggy
11-18-2007, 06:30 AM
I saw some Scottish ladyboys in there skirts crying on Soi Diana last night !!

Bilbobaggins
11-18-2007, 11:26 AM
I used to want Scotland to do well in all of their g ames, until I realised how rabidly racist and unsporting they were, i.e. buying and wearing every countrys shirts that England play against in any major finals, now my view is they can go fuck themselves, I was cheering the eyeties on last night.
And yes, I know you are not all the same, but the majority of the ones I have met are like that.
One of the best times I had following England was at Hampden Park, watching Scholes bag a brace!! :clap::clap::clap:

elway69
11-24-2007, 07:08 AM
I used to want Scotland to do well in all of their g ames, until I realised how rabidly racist and unsporting they were, i.e. buying and wearing every countrys shirts that England play against in any major finals, now my view is they can go fuck themselves, I was cheering the eyeties on last night.
And yes, I know you are not all the same, but the majority of the ones I have met are like that.
One of the best times I had following England was at Hampden Park, watching Scholes bag a brace!! :clap::clap::clap:

Yeah you're probably right,I don't think there's many Scots who will ever support England,no matter what the sport.I have to admit though during the last world cup(which was a pile of shite),I found myself supporting England because the rest of the teams were a bunch of diving cheating bastards.(Apart from Australia of course who probably played some of the best football and were knocked out by the cheating Eyeties).
Pity about the Croats knocking you guys out :snigger: next years Euro championship is going to be pretty fuckin boring. We'll have to organise something in Pattaya to take it's place.

tom
11-24-2007, 10:28 AM

Bilbo,

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but cheering for the opposition when England is playing ain't a Scottish phenomenon by any stretch of the imagination.

The problem others see is that the English seem to think that they have some God-given right to success when the reality is, excepting the World Cup where you played all your games at Wembley, the English team has achieved the same amount of success as Scotland, Wales, Spain, The Faroe Islands, Liechtenstein and the USA in major football championships ............... absolutely zero. :supporter1::supporter1::supporter1::supporter1:

penetrator
11-24-2007, 12:13 PM
Bilbo,

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but cheering for the opposition when England is playing ain't a Scottish phenomenon by any stretch of the imagination.

The problem others see is that the English seem to think that they have some God-given right to success when the reality is, excepting the World Cup where you played all your games at Wembley, the English team has achieved the same amount of success as Scotland, Wales, Spain, The Faroe Islands, Liechtenstein and the USA in major football championships ............... absolutely zero. :supporter1::supporter1::supporter1::supporter1:

We dont think we've got a god given right to success at all no matter how many bitter Sweatys try to portray that as the case, we just think that given the players at our disposal we should be doing better than we are. Check out the FIFA and UEFA rankings over the last 10 years or so and see how many English players are high up the list - Gerrard, Lampard, Terry, Rooney, Owen etc etc. If we had a team as bereft of top flight talent as Scotlands we wouldn't feel we should be doing better.

And yes cheering for the other team when England play isn't only a Scottish phenomenon, a lot of the nations that have had a good kicking from the English over the years do it dancing

penetrator
11-24-2007, 12:46 PM
Oh yes you do!

Every time England crash to yet another defeat there is the usual slack jawed look of shock and bewilderment on the faces of the entire fucking nation, this despite having won fuck all in the last 41 years.

:angryslap:

As I already explained this is because we should be doing better with the players we've got. And it isn't just the English who are bewildered that we underachieve so frequently, how comes people of the undoubted football genius of Beckenbauer, Pele and Cruyff think the same !

tom
11-24-2007, 01:04 PM
Penetrator,

No need to get into the Sweaty nonsense and giving anybody a good kicking .............. :26_8_11:

Perhaps that is part of the problem at international level .......... having one or two so-called superstars doesn't make a team. It seems to me that the English (press) elevates individuals (Gazza, Hoddle, Beckham, Owen etc etc) way beyond levels that can be reasonable expected of any individual only to turn on them when those expectations aren't realised. Contrast that with the situation elsewhere in Europe where the focus is very much on the team rather than individuals. As for Rooney, Owen, Gerrard, Lampard etc etc, perhaps credit should be given to their team mates, most of whom aren't English but who will be playing in Euro 2008 and their managers, again, most of whom aren't English.

Anyway, look on the bright side ....... getting beat by Croatia means that you have successfully managed to avoid getting drawn against the Jocks on Sunday.

penetrator
11-24-2007, 01:22 PM
When I use the name Sweaty I dont use it in a demeaning way.

I just dont like the way many Sweatys/Jocks/Macs/Scots or whatever you wanna call them cant wait to jump onto the bandwagon and accuse the English of arrogance because we feel that a team that regularly contains 4 or 5 players from FIFA's world player of the year shortlist should be doing better. The sum of the parts is not adding up and because we're not happy about that we're accused of arrogance. We dont mind so much if we play our best game and lose to a better team but when we play like a bunch of pussies I think we've got every right to ask questions and demand answers.

mack
11-24-2007, 02:44 PM
It's so much easier here. :usaflag: Our team is never going to be a top one and we know it, so we expect nothing. Then if they do advance farther than the "experts" thought, we're pleasantly surprised. This is only is for the World Cup; that's the only time most sports fans here follow our "soccer" team. :kid:

Okay I'm outta the footie debate now. :hiding:

Bilbobaggins
11-24-2007, 02:49 PM
Gildas, if you aren't English, why do you support an English team???
Also, if the rest of the 'home nations' weren't bothered about England leaving that tournament, why didn't you carry on without us?
I will tell you why , it's because without England that tournament would be fuck all, and no cunt would be interested in it so :bigfinger

Bilbobaggins
11-24-2007, 02:56 PM
face it Gildas, you only used to like it because it was the only chance you ever had of rising above the supposed arrogance of the English, in reality, the FA called it right, back then, you WEREN'T good enough for us to play on a regular basis.
Over about the last 7/8 years the jocks have been improving and are probably as good as us in a 90 minute game, only due to the passion and fight in their players, something sorely lacking in ours.

Question for you all, name any other British players that y ou think would be good enough to play for England, that should stir a hornets nest, I am not trying to be controversial, just asking who you might think is better than the players we have now. A year ago, maybe more Giggs would have walked into our team, but now? Possibly. Healy? Gordon?
Let the debate begin :clap::clap::clap:

mack
11-24-2007, 03:24 PM
Question for you all, name any other British players that you think would be good enough to play for England, that should stir a hornets nest, I am not trying to be controversial, just asking who you might think is better than the players we have now.

I'd say adding Heather Mills would improve your footie team. :bigfinger

Bilbobaggins
11-24-2007, 03:32 PM
you are probably not wrong mack, thats the sad truth.........

Bilbobaggins
11-24-2007, 03:43 PM
Martin Buchan, the biggest cunt that ever walked the earth.
That prick effectively ended Colin Bells career, one of the finest midfielders in the world at the time.
Worst thing about that? We didn't even get a fucking free kick for his assault.
Gildas, bit touchy?
No scottish teams worthy of your support?

:shs:

:hiding:

Bilbobaggins
11-24-2007, 03:45 PM
Question for you all, name any Croatian players that you think would be good enough to play for England...

Possibly Kranjcar, maybe Corluka and whichever goalkeeper they have!!

:lmao:

Bilbobaggins
11-24-2007, 03:55 PM
fair enough mate, by the way, City have won and united lost today 55555555555555555555

I'm out for a beer!!!

Bilbobaggins
11-24-2007, 03:56 PM
errrrr still playing.............
fingers crossed!!

penetrator
11-24-2007, 05:00 PM
Question for you all, name any Croatian players that you think would be good enough to play for England...

Apart from the previously mentioned goalkeeper probably not although I'd gladly take Slaven Bilic as manager over McClarenette.

But then I also couldn't name any Scottish players good enough to play for France even though they beat them home and away.

soi 2
11-24-2007, 05:54 PM
Question for you all, name any other British players that y ou think would be good enough to play for England, that should stir a hornets nest, I am not trying to be controversial, just asking who you might think is better than the players we have now. A year ago, maybe more Giggs would have walked into our team, but now? Possibly. Healy? Gordon?
Let the debate begin :clap::clap::clap:

I'd say Alan Hutton, Scott Brown (the Scottish Gattuso !) and obviously Craig Gordon would be capable of playing in the England team quite easily and an improvement on the current players. Goalkeeper, right back and midfield worker.

Craig Bellamy on his day is as good as your second string front men like Bent and Defoe.