PDA

View Full Version : Illegal Xp How To Fix?

monsterman
11-12-2007, 04:15 PM
my neices computer is 2 years old she was given it as a present by ex boyfriend it was bought from Tucom, it now appears to have an illegal copy of XP and we cannot sort it with MS evil empire as she does not have receipt. what can we do?

mack
11-12-2007, 04:49 PM
You should probably just turn your niece in monster, much as I hate to give you that advice. Throw her on the mercy of the Thai judicial system and hope for the best. Then go after her ex-boyfriend and...well, you know what to do there. :rifle: ___ :rip:

Fork Handles
11-12-2007, 07:23 PM
Monster, what is the problem and when did it start fucking up?

It may be as simple as activating a reset point from a date prior to the problem happening.

jonny
11-12-2007, 07:45 PM
buy her a mac.

what has happened with it? you'll have to provide us with more details?

volsfan
11-12-2007, 09:56 PM
Go to a torrent site like piratebay.org and search on Windows Genuine Advantage. There are shitloads of options there to correct this problem. It appears that MS has recently released a new version of the check so that may explain the recent problem.

I personally like the ones that change the product id more than just a cracked file but either work. I just think the product ID ones work longer.

kolobos
11-13-2007, 12:57 AM
go to pattaya2u.com, look under the knowledge section and follow onto read/learn more. They have a section that walks you through it.

monsterman
11-13-2007, 02:29 PM
I freezes up when the MS updates with the MS u have a pirate copy message and then the system bluescreens , I switched off updates but the machine is now glitchy.
i will do the searches that guys recommended. the boyfriend was a Scouse git from Liverpool , he made a great meal for the residents of the crocodile farm.

bouncer
11-13-2007, 06:33 PM
do as volsfan says go to pirater bay and dowload a new program intall it and it should work.

torrenova
11-13-2007, 08:56 PM
The problem is that these files come with trojan horses in them as my security found when downloading them !

hilly
11-14-2007, 01:58 AM
The problem is that these files come with trojan horses in them as my security found when downloading them !
You are right Andy and dont download them would be my advice.
I had the same problem a year or so ago and had asked Watana to install a genuine XP which they did not.
My solution was to pay about 5000 Baht using the option to pay that was flashing on my screen from Microsoft. I paid by CC and three days later got a fix from them with new password codes and instructions on what to do next.
Five days later I got a new CD sent to me from Microsft Singapore and my copy is now genuine and updating daily as would a real copy.

kolobos
11-14-2007, 03:50 AM
Here you go:-

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i203/kolobos5/Songkran/03Nov140446.jpg

torrenova
11-14-2007, 04:45 AM
Activated does not mean that you can download the security patches nor update Media Player. IE7 is no longer dependent upon a genuine copy of Windows.

Stick that key into Google and you'll get a shed load of stuff. You think MS don't know about it and thus change something.

My copy should have been legit when I bought my HP 2 and a bit years ago but about 9 months ago it started to play up. Still no resolution but you can live without Media Player.

monsterman
11-15-2007, 03:10 AM
could always re-format the drive and install Linux Ubuntu - not exactly easy, but a good way to get to grips with what an OS does and how

Yeah but UBUNTU dont have aThai version and most printers dont work with it , i have it on one of my old laptops, I like it but the problem is print drivers.