PDA

View Full Version : Question for our American Friends.

old crust
10-28-2007, 08:10 PM
I am watching the NFL game in London and understanding about 10% of whats going on. Not sure it will catch on over here as there is too much messing about between plays, we don't understand why they wear the padding and there is no falling out between the fans.

Anyway, my question, what are these yellow flags for and who keeps chucking them on the pitch? If we chuck anything on the field of play its three months in jail.

mack
10-28-2007, 08:20 PM
These are the referees and they throw the flags when they see a penalty being committed by the players...like a yellow card in your football? The helmets and pads are worn so that they don't become punch drunk after playing like the Aussies and other rugby nations. :kid:

old crust
10-28-2007, 08:38 PM
Thanks Mack. Not sure the flags are used in the same way as yellow cards, which are not always produced when a foul is committed.

New York won the game, but there seems to have been a problem with the muddy pitch. It will be interesting to see if they come over to play a game next year.

irishmic
10-28-2007, 09:04 PM
old crust, don't base your judgement on this one game,:moped: the Miami Dolphins suck, probably from "coke" partying :guitar2:on "South Beach", and the New York Giants, even with a good defense,:catfight: not the elite of the NFL.:mardigras: About like the "Septics":thumbsup: judging Soccer based on "washed up PELE and BECKHAM":danke:

old crust
10-28-2007, 09:11 PM
OK mic, I'll give it another chance.
Lets hear who you Americans think will be Champions this year.

mack
10-28-2007, 09:22 PM
That was a dog of a game. It looks like it's going to be New England or Indianapolis again, which ever of those two team gets to the Super Bowl should win it. When those two meet up in the playoffs that'll be the real Super Bowl.

irishmic
10-29-2007, 02:19 AM
Old Crust,
Mack is giving the right info on the NFL best teams, :thumbsup:Indianapolis Colts(last years Champion) and New England Patriots have a rivalry that goes back many years :pan:with The patriots until last year usually winning in the playoffs.:smartass: Last year Peyton Manning finally broke the jinks and the colts beat the patriots in the playoffs and went on to beat the Bears in the Superbowl.:lmao: This year both teams are undefeated so far, play each other next Sunday in Indy. Patriots look unbeatable at the moment. Personally, I support The Pittsburgh Steelers,:mardigras: another good team but not in class of Indy or Pats. Btw, old crust, I don't have tv coverage of your football/soccer, so it is hard to learn or follow:moped: the sport here in US, same for you guys over the Atlantic to follow our sports. Last week was placing some bets on Hockey, when I saw I could also wager on "Soccer/football", placed a bet on Chelsey, :lamo:hope I didn't piss off Winston, :catfight:don't know who he follows.:danke:

mack
10-29-2007, 04:31 AM
Last week was placing some bets on Hockey, when I saw I could also wager on "Soccer/football", placed a bet on Chelsey, :lamo:hope I didn't piss off Winston, :catfight:don't know who he follows.:danke:

Checking Winston's scores in the fantasy football league Irish it looks like he follows a group of losers. :hiding:

old crust
10-29-2007, 06:07 PM
Checking Winston's scores in the fantasy football league Irish it looks like he follows a group of losers. :hiding:

That sounds like an acurate description of Nottingham Forest.

old crust
10-29-2007, 06:10 PM
Old Crust,
Last week was placing some bets on Hockey, when I saw I could also wager on "Soccer/football", placed a bet on Chelsey, :lamo:hope I didn't piss off Winston, :catfight:don't know who he follows.:danke:

Its football mic, never soccer.

We do get most of your sports over here, with the exception of Baseball, which only gets occasional coverage.

penetrator
10-29-2007, 06:40 PM
They reckoned that game yesterday was a sell out and they could of sold a million tickets or something. So how comes when I see some of the highlights there was loads of empty seats, looked like at most about 70'000 in the stands instead of the 90'000 capacity.

Maybe the organisers set the capacity of the ground based on the width of the average Septic lard arse not realising this would leave empty areas when filled with non Septics :raspberry:

irishmic
10-30-2007, 05:05 AM
Penetrator,
Thai girls love :wub:"septics with lard asses", we have big wallets :cheer3:in those Triplexxx size pants!:shocked:

mack
10-30-2007, 02:48 PM
This play happened Saturday between two Division III colleges (very small schools)...whoever wins the game wins their league championship. One team was behind by several points and had time for one last play before the games was over. Maybe this is common for rugby, I don't know the rules there, but to have 15...yep 15 laterals on one play I've never seen before. As long as the lateral goes backwards to another player it's legal...check it out.

AkR9D4W1g8A

old crust
10-30-2007, 05:53 PM
Thats more like it. Its called passing in proper English. All they need to do now is leave all that gay padding and headgear in the changing room and it can be called a sport.