PDA

View Full Version : A board primer for new members

mack
10-01-2007, 03:03 AM
After reading a question about a post from a new member, it made me think how confusing it must be to join a new board sometimes. So this post will try to explain some of the people on this board and the references made here. Add in your clarification too, any of the BM'ers who have been here awhile.

Just off the top of my head if I was new and kept seeing words with a "v" misspelled with a "w" I'd wonder WTF? Lots of times you'll see "whatewer", or "wery" etc. instead of "whatever" and "very." This was started by bouncer and lots of us followed him. "Roll" is also sometimes spelled "rool" and like that.

Smullenpe and Bazzap are noted for their generosity towards the women of LOS...Bazzap has been known to go into gold shops, computer stores, etc. with his TG in tow and she walks out very happy. Smull has been known to buy a condo for a Dominican Republic lucky lady and spreads the baht around LOS when he visits. Mack (me) has been stuck fixing up, then trying to sell a house in a real estate depression in California and hasn't been back to LOS for 2 years. We all get some stick over these situations from some board members. Figjam claims to have graduated from Calcutta University as a doctor, I claim to have a medical degree from Tijuana Tech, Yusamile is rumored to be a great internet lawyer, The Bomb actually is a professional fighter in England, ROLAND says he used to be a male model...who are we to dispute this? :batman: Most of the rest don't say what they do or did and so we suspect they are criminals of some kind. :zipit:

BigbadSi, jonny, bouncer...just about anyone at any time has been called gay...not that there's anything wrong with that...it's just juvenile, high school humor and no bad intent is meant. My father was gay for example. See? No harm done saying that.

There are 13 moderators here (I think?). The Big Three are Figjam, Winston_Churchill and jonny. They're called "The Big Three" (or what they prefer, "The Holy Trinity,") because they were most instrumental in getting this board going...sort of like the "Founding Fathers of Pattaya-Revealed." Jonny did and still does most all of the technical nerd/geek stuff on the board and is called nerdboy :nerd: and made fun of for all his efforts but deep inside we do appreciate all he's done for the board. :fyou: Other mods are Yusamile :ylflower: (an Aussie), Nosehair, Gildas, butterflyblonde, Fork Handles (another Aussie :shock:), ferocious, torrenova (a resident of Pattaya with 2 bars plus his newest and most prized addition...a brand new baby daughter), bouncer the Big Swede, gonzo and mack.

The woosies are a sub-group inside this forum. Our leaders are the General :horse: Figjam and his right hand man krowdon Major :horse: Fork Handles. The woosie creed is to avoid fist fights at all costs but to give out as much verbal abuse as is safe (usually from great distances, so the internet is perfect for us).

Smullenpe came on the board as a newbie (actually it was a previous board) asked a ton of questions, followed very little of our suggestions on his first trip to LOS, it was a disaster but he stepped up and wrote a classic tell-all 1st time report that is in the newbie section. After reading that you'll understand some of the jokes we write to smull. :hug:
We don't think of ourselves as different than the members, we try to keep a hands-off policy regarding posts etc. plus the members here will tell us if we fuck up. The difference on this board is we will listen and change if we fucked up.

Oh yeah...bouncer is the size of a condo so I like to humor him at all times ...up to you how you want to deal with him.

Any other BM'ers go ahead and add your comments that will help the new members figure out some of the inside comments on the board. Something a new member could read that seems crazy or terrible is most times a joke and it's based on some past event or post. :cheers:

K2K
10-01-2007, 03:23 AM
A big thanks MACK for taking the time to explain the nuances of the the 'senior' BM's here.

It will take a while to get to know the characters - all but butterflyblonde you mention are unfamiliar names to me - although I suspect some could be posting under different monikers.

:mocking2: A bit of friendly banter works wonders in making a forum more fun. Look forward to making some new friends here :hugehug: - perhaps :starwars: the odd troll or idiot and :cheers: when in town or any of you guys down in Phuket.

jonny
10-01-2007, 03:44 AM
K2K,

I'll be honest I don't think I've got to the end of one of your posts without my eyes wandering to the left and looking at your avatars ass! Its a cracker!

bouncer
10-01-2007, 03:54 AM
k2K Please be adviced that mack is a guy that lived a wery shelterd life and hes not t bright..........
He lives his life through these boards and other places like arcades,cinema theaters, etc
In real life he was a elewator repairman and his dream was to go to pattaya and have sex whith a woman that actually was younger then him,.......

but he needs a change because the sheeps wont come to him nowdays ...........

bouncer

bouncer
10-01-2007, 03:57 AM
K2K,

I'll be honest I don't think I've got to the end of one of your posts without my eyes wandering to the left and looking at your avatars ass! Its a cracker!

or fucks sake jonny its a girls ass and you know you dont like that stop pretending and count some:countsheep:

jonny
10-01-2007, 04:03 AM
:beatemup:

:bigfinger:bigfinger:bigfinger

edit: fuck knows why but I just can't sleep.......don't know why I logged on here with you lot

bouncer
10-01-2007, 04:08 AM
You need to go to patts and can you please pick mack upp on the way.

jonny
10-01-2007, 04:12 AM
he lives in the opposite direction..............??

bouncer
10-01-2007, 04:47 AM
Thats a small favor to ask,,,,,,,,,,,,,,me thinks get your ass in gear,

not in a gay way

yusamile
10-01-2007, 06:52 AM
:beatemup:

You know, that guy on the lft does resemble Bouncer :taz:and the one on the right looks a lot like Jonny:man:. I think i see where the inspiration for that samilie came from,....good choice Jonny.

jonny
10-01-2007, 08:29 AM
thanks yusa I knew you would appreciate it!

mack
10-01-2007, 02:49 PM
Also there's some nicknames used on the board sometimes instead of their regular handles. Let me know people if any are wrong or if someone has been left out and I'll go back and edit. Alphabetically they are:

bazzap: bazz or baz, Barrie, Barry

BigBadSi: Badsi, Si

Bilbobaggins: Bilbo, Baggins, Bagman :bag:

bouncer: bounce, bouncy, :bouncy: moose, Big Poove, Big Svede, Tiny, Bubba, Convict #7843219 :canadian:

butterflyblonde: BB or bb, blondie

Capt Magoo: Capt or magoo

deanobeano: dean or deano

ferocious: f or F

Figjam: Doc, The General, General, Nurse Fig, fig, figgie. This smilie :horse: usually accompanies The General nickname. When General is used it's a woosie-related post bcause he's the Commander in Chief of The Woosie forces.

Fork Handles- Fork, FH, The Major, Major (also with the :horse: when it's official woosie business.)

garibaldi: baldi

Gildas: G, G-man

irishmic: irish

jonny: Nerdboy, nerd :nerd:, geek, gayboy

mandajay: This is an interesting handle. It's a combination of a husband and wife (or longtime boyfriend/girlfriend?) ...Manda plus Jay. She's usually called manda on the board. Don't know if Jay reads this board but am pretty sure he hasn't posted here.

Mirkwood: Mirky, Mirkie, Milkpot, Milktoast, Milky, Chav, Poledancer, Pinkeye

m_mike: mikey, mikie

monkeyspanker: ms

monsterman: monster, Happy or Hap

old crust: OC or oc, crusty

PattayaLiz: Liz

paul4861: paul, The Rookie or Rook

penetrator: trator, pen

ROLAND: Rols, Rollie, Rolly

Sampeng: sam

smullenpe: smull, smullie, smulls, sam, Geronimo

Thebomb: bomb, bomber

torrenova: torre, Andy

Winston_Churchill: The Churchill part is hardly ever used, it's just usually Winston or winnie, sometimes WC

woodman2: woody

Yusamile: Yusa, smiley, smilie and this smilie :ylflower: is sometimes used in posts referring to him.

Sometimes the BM'ers with short handles don't get nicknames as often or are newer to the board or it's BM's who don't post a lot. I think these are some of the reasons why the following haven't picked up nicknames: 69Billy, adamski69, Bob, BorisBroomhead, buu_alz, Chuck_Wao, Delaware, goliath, gonzo, Guido13, hammer, Isee, Jake, mack, Niall, roamer, routeman, sabang, Sa-teef, soi 2, stringerbell, swanks, tom, woolsey, and volsfan. And no gonzo, you can't have the nickname of YoungHandomeOne...you get a nickname from someone besides yourself. :fyou: This list of "no-nicknames" isn't complete of course but it has to stop somewhere. :insanity: :bigfinger

jonny
10-01-2007, 03:03 PM
why does mine sound almost as bad as bouncers?

mandajay
10-01-2007, 03:13 PM
not far off the mark there mack - Jay :sportbike: doesn't "do" computers, so he leaves it all to me - although he does like posts in the pictorial form - if you catch my drift hehe dancing

mack
10-01-2007, 03:25 PM
why does mine sound almost as bad as bouncers?

Yours are not quite as bad as bouncers because you're younger and smaller jonny...otherwise the nicknames would be as bad or worse. :biggun:

bouncer
10-01-2007, 07:44 PM
Jonny i want a smiley wher the big guy winns like it would be in real life..................................

K2K
10-02-2007, 01:39 AM
:ohno: Just when I was trying to get my head round you guys names ... theres more ... :pile:

bouncer
10-02-2007, 02:36 AM
Its only the start...................k2k keep your head down