PDA

View Full Version : Dream Bangkok's hotel web site

mack
09-19-2007, 12:10 AM
...it's pretty slick and looks like very nice rooms. Give it a few seconds to load then it will rotate pictures through, the same when you click on rooms, etc. Has anybody stayed there and if so what was your experience like? (too expensive for me :kid: )

http://www.dreambkk.com/

roamer
09-19-2007, 12:47 PM
Room looks nice,when I finally figured you click on "fantasise" to view them.

"fetish" was disapointing though:whistling:

How much are the rooms anyway?
Site wants sorting out,much too slowwwwww.

mack
09-19-2007, 12:51 PM
This link mentions rates "from" $109 USD roamer. :cheers: For some reason I'm thinking Tom (Cheshire) may have written about this hotel, but am not sure.)

http://www.planetholiday.com/hotels/asia/thailand/bangkok/dream_hotel.html

roamer
09-19-2007, 03:49 PM
cheers mack

Roughly 3500 baht then ,certainly looks nice.

mack
09-19-2007, 04:00 PM
And is certainly too much money for me to pay for a room, but if I had big money or wanted to celebrate a special occasion these kinds of places would be great. It's fun to look though. :kid:

gonzo
09-19-2007, 07:53 PM
Haven't stayed there myself but have heard that despite not being open very long it's not what it was following several key staff members quitting (Manager, Head chef etc).

tom
09-19-2007, 11:36 PM
Never stayed there ..... not my thing really. Would suit the guys like BigD who want to spend time at the Q-Bar etc in that area behind Sukhumvit.

There seems to be a fair number of properties going up in the area from Sukhumvit 9 up to 25 so its worth keeping your eyes open for deals on some soft openings.

If you don't mind being down Silom way (10 mins to skytrain and subway), this place has just opened and at around 1,600 Baht for a 40 sq m room it appears to be great value.

http://cksuite.com/aboutus.htm

I stay at The Somerset Lake Point on Sukhumvit 16 these days when I am in BKK (I am currently there). 2k for a suite (upgraded to a 2 bedroom apartment). Certainly the best value-for-money place I've come across in the past few years.

mack
09-19-2007, 11:50 PM
Yes the Q-women are always good to go 500 baht short time for some sparring followed by a shag from what I've heard. :batman: Hope all is going well for you in Bangkok tom. Getting upgraded to a 2 bedroom apartment in that area for 2000 baht sounds like a great deal. When things settle down for you maybe you could post some pictures of the hotel and apartment here. There's times I like seeing nice-looking hotel rooms almost as much as seeing the pretty Thais. I can still get inside a nice hotel room. :cheers:

roamer
09-20-2007, 01:22 PM
Somerset Lake Point looks good.

Some years ago I had a brief stay at a hotel called
The Somerset,other than it being not far from soi cowboy I don`t know where it was though.

tom
09-20-2007, 03:27 PM
Somerset Lake Point looks good.

Some years ago I had a brief stay at a hotel called
The Somerset,other than it being not far from soi cowboy I don`t know where it was though.

What was the Somerset Hotel is now The Dream Hotel.

Somerset Lake Point (and the other Somerset properties in Bangkok) are serviced apartments.

Bilbobaggins
05-26-2008, 07:30 PM
Spam alert??
Not clicking on that link just in case

agudbuk
03-26-2009, 01:19 AM
I think i would prefer a more straight forward web site and a cheaper price.

gonzo
03-26-2009, 05:32 AM
Get's some pretty good reviews on tripadvisor, I was considering booking a few nights there next trip but I like a bit of space and the rooms are tiny, especially considering the price.

dtyolmn
05-10-2009, 01:00 AM
Stayed there in Sept. 2007 and it was very nice. You can get cheaper rates if you book through AsiaRooms. I think it's about $89.00 us. Breakfast was included.

shiva1961
10-26-2009, 07:59 PM
i stayed in the Dream Hotel - nice and on the classy side - coloured lights in the rooms - makes a good impression...though you pay for this...during my last visit i stayed in nana at the Dynasty Grande Inn...good location and cheaper than the Dream with large rooms...