PDA

View Full Version : Starry Place-accomodation in Bangkok

roamer
08-17-2007, 10:56 AM
Hi
Came across the site while looking for something else
No personal experience of the place but studios at between 8500-9500 per month plus utilities.
Don`t know whether that`s good for Bangkok or not.

http://www.starryplace.com/index1.html

Isee
08-17-2007, 03:21 PM
There are a few condo's in that area, so you have a lot to choose from. I saw some in a nice location opposite a park in that general area (forget name off the top of my head – but could find it). Only looked at the outside so just commenting on location. You are about halfway between two BTS stations, but more closer to VP than the other.

Price wise is a little more expensive than what I have, but you get better channel selection and I noticed rooms are cleaned twice a week. Rooms are about the same size. Furnishings in your room are superior to mine. No balcony on yours though....Yours states "Family orientated"...so that may need some thought...with "reception"....hmmmmm. Does look good with the rooftop terrace and the gym (if it still looks like that). Doesn’t look like there is a separate kitchen sink, which would mean you have to use the bathroom to wash you cups etc...

Electricity is 2 baht more per unit than what I pay - forget what water is.....Wi-fi is charged 1 baht a minute where mine is free 24/7

I pay 4,500+, but wished I had some more channel options .....I wonder what their long stay rate would be?? At the end of the day – you are getting some additional benefits for the extra $$

You looking for a month stay or much longer???

roamer
08-17-2007, 04:23 PM
Isee
Thanks for your reply,I posted it for general info,though I wasn`t clear on that. :oops:
(It was different info I had searched for and came across the place mentioned on a blog) and was just curious as to if it was good value and if it would be of any use to someone.
So far I prefer Pattaya to Bangkok,so not looking for myself.
I now remember the post you did of the place you use which is significantly cheaper.
:cheers: