PDA

View Full Version : Misheard any song lyrics?

mack
08-03-2007, 05:38 AM
There's web sites consisting of posts by people who've listened to songs for a long time, only to find out they were singing along with words that were all wrong. Like the person at one site who admitted she thought the Stones old song of, "Hey, you, get off of my cloud!" was really "Hey, Hugh, get off of McCleod!":MyEmoticons-com__po

Or the one who thought, "I'll never be your beast of burden" was really, "I'll never be your Easter bunny." :Cat2:

What made me think of this was a song gonzo posted a link to by the Super Furry Animals called, "Slow Life." I kept playing it yesterday, eventually singing along to a part they keep repeating over and over. I was singing, "Life's a slow ride, life's a slow ride..." I couldn't understand the other words so looked them up on a google search only to see that, "life's a slow ride, life's a slow ride..." was supposed to be, "rocks are slow life, rocks are slow life..." :band: :shock: :sweat:

Have you ever misheard any song lyrics?

butterflyblonde
08-03-2007, 08:37 AM
B52's - Love Shack.

When I first heard this song, there is a line where they sing 'funky little shack, funk - y little shack'

And I thought they sang 'fucking in the shack, fuck -ing in the shack'

penetrator
08-03-2007, 09:22 AM
More than once I've heard the line "We gotta install microwave ovens, custom kitchen deliveries" as sung by Sting in Dire Straits Money for Nothing being sung by a beer bar band as "gotta install microwave oven, got some chicken delivery".

What made this even funnier to me was I once was in a Thai restaurant in Beak St in the west end of London and I asked the Thai girl I was with where the toilet is and she said "downstairs past the chicken". I laughed at her as I immediately knew exactly what she meant as it seems Thais have a common problem mixing up their kitchen's and chicken's just like they do their R's and L's.