PDA

View Full Version : Luck of the Irish!

irishmic
08-01-2007, 05:59 AM
NBA basketball: Boston Celtics received Kevin Garnett in trade, become instant playoff contender. Will make over 60 million for the next 3 seasons.:bigfinger

BigBadSi
08-01-2007, 07:56 AM
Celtics have been shit for a while maybe garnett will give them that spark,,,,celtics are my eastern conference team,,i like utah and seattle (down to the john stockton and gary payton days)

irishmic
08-01-2007, 04:01 PM
Celtics could use Stockton or Payton at the point now!

mack
08-01-2007, 05:02 PM
I like Garnett, seems to keep his mouth shut and play hard. For a $60 million contract you'd think players would give a good effort each night but that's not the case in the NBA.

irishmic
08-02-2007, 06:34 AM
right on Mack, NBA, recently adopted hip-hop, thugamania, showboating, slamjam. I get in cyber arguments all the time on an NBA forum, stressing old time team play, passing, defense, rebounding basic essentials, got into a heated debate defending Bill Russell, And Wilt, that they would be successful, dominate, in any era, looked up the lunatic who was slamming me, that Centers of today would "trash" them, looked up my advisory profile, found out I was arguing, defending my position with a 16 yr old teen! never seen Russell, Wilt play. funny how we get agitated defending our beliefs, aside, Russell team won 11 championships in 13 years of play. more astounding, Russell team played in 7 championships that went to the 7th and final game, Russell team record in these games, 7 wins 0 losses, could go to the exta gear and win the pressure games in the sport of basketball. this in an era when Russell and other Black players were not allowed to sleep, eat, with team in many cities due to prejudice

mack
08-02-2007, 05:52 PM
got into a heated debate defending Bill Russell, And Wilt, that they would be successful, dominate, in any era, looked up the lunatic who was slamming me, that Centers of today would "trash" them, looked up my advisory profile, found out I was arguing, defending my position with a 16 yr old teen! never seen Russell, Wilt play.

That's funny Irish, finding out you're arguing the merits of Russell and Wilt with a kid who thinks dominant centers begins with Shaq! Give me Wilt or Bill Russell to start a team with and add in some of the old guards who actually knew how to pass the ball and play defense and I'd gladly face any team of motor-mouthed dunk artists playing today.