PDA

View Full Version : board arcade

jonny
07-16-2007, 07:59 PM
Thanks for the great suggestion and research by gonzo we now have a board arcade. The link to it is where the mp3 player was. We have got rid of the mp3 player as lets face it is was fucked!

The arcade is viewable by everyone but the current set up is that all adbvanced memmbers can use it and any general members with more than 100 posts also get access to the arcade.

Hopefully we should be able to keep adding new games as they become available for you ll to play.

The arcade also has a tournament feature so you should be able to play in multiplayer with other boardies.

Please let me know if you have any problems using the new toy!!!

Jonny

gonzo
07-16-2007, 08:05 PM
Thanks again for that jonny, good work fella.

Right then, who's up for a tournament?

jonny
07-16-2007, 08:17 PM
As we had custom templates i could find 2 of the changes so I am assuming some of the features might not initially work until i find the right templates to amend but let me know if you find anything that doesn't work gonzo?

btw if you find any games then let me know I will add them in.....

Thebomb
07-16-2007, 08:18 PM
let the games begin.....have the pacman hi score.....it wont be long untill i have total arcade dommination....

jonny
07-16-2007, 08:21 PM
whatever............

jonny
07-16-2007, 09:10 PM
I'm downloading 1000 games but its quite slow so send me any links you find?

btw I'm the arcade leader you cunts...........

gonzo
07-16-2007, 09:32 PM
btw I'm the arcade leader you cunts...........In your dreams mate, I rock like gibraltar!

jonny
07-16-2007, 09:37 PM
cunt the arrow keys don't work properly on my mac so I can only play a couple of the games..........................

butterflyblonde
07-16-2007, 09:45 PM
Thanks for taking the trouble to set it up.

Some good games there, I noticed you suggested that if anyone saw some good games, to let you know and you may be able to put them in.

I don't understand the process involved as to how you copy them here, so was just wondering if there are certain types of sites you can and can't use ?

For example, I used to like this site as it's got a few 'whacky' games but don't know if you can copy them or not.

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/games/

gonzo
cunt the arrow keys don't work properly on my mac so I can only play a couple of the games..........................Yeah yeah mate, whatewer......I thought mac's were meant to be the way forward?? :smilie_xp:

I've been trying to find a link to Alien Hominid which is a cracking little game but all I keep coming across are sites where you can play it. Is it one of the many you're currently downloading by any chance? If not I'll step up the efforts on finding a link.

nosehair
Cool....F N awesome...great eyedeer:cheers:

jonny
07-16-2007, 09:52 PM
bb, that site is for playing only I think?

Gonzo, Not sure if tht game is in the list as it is a .rar file and I can't see whats in it until I download the whole thing. It is downloading very salllowly though so may take a few days.......I haven't really done much digging to see what games are compatible. Hopefully will be able to have a play at some point though? If it plays regular flash games then they are easy to find?

butterflyblonde
07-16-2007, 09:56 PM
bb, that site is for playing only I think?

I think it may be and you have answered my question, how do I know which game sites are not for playing only?

Would I be right on thinking we won't be able to play any flash games?

Here's an oldie but goodie from miniclip.com

http://www.miniclip.com/games/bush-shoot-out/en/

jonny
07-17-2007, 06:32 PM
I've loaded some more games into the arcade. i have 1000 of them so let me know when to load another batch!!!!

butterflyblonde
07-17-2007, 08:27 PM
You have done a sterling job mate, thanks for taking the time and trouble, more games will always be welcome. There's some nice games in there. :cheers:

Thebomb
07-17-2007, 08:58 PM
ill second that....good job jonny

mack
07-17-2007, 11:23 PM
jonny, great job in getting all those games in here. Had to find a game quick-like that hadn't been played yet in order to get up on the Wall of Fame before you, fucking gonzo, Magoo, smull and the rest of the shiftless lazy bastards get in there. It seems all of you have been laying around for most of your lives playing these games, when you're not flying to LOS to get pissed and laid. I got up on The Wall as a champion race car driver, which will last until the 2nd person plays that one...it took me until right before the end of the game to figure out how to move the car! :fyou: :scooter:

Anyway the arcade got me thinking about this board and then how a few people have come onto the board and, with I'm assuming good intentions, have posted things like, "This board needs to have more things about Pattaya on it." Or maybe that "it feels like a club on here" or etc. you know what I'm saying. In fact, members on here have talked about "how do we build up members...how can we attract more people?" etc. and we have had differing opinions.

But what I like about this board is that there's other things to do besides reading whether Nok or Pon takes it up the ass and all those threads about how much this costs etc. that after seeing them for years want to make you spit at the monitor. On this board some days I like to watch the movie videos, almost every visit I'm listening to music that's been put on by us here. Sometimes I'll go on the Shout box, but usually I'm off in the board reading or doing whatewer and don't make it up there, but it's there if I want. Now there's arcade games...it's fun to come here to the board is what I'm saying, and one of the reasons it is (imo) is that it's small, it seems like the people are my friends who would have my back in real life like I would them, so what's wrong with that?! Also we have not the typical trip reports, even though we don't have a lot of them, I think the quality is very good. We have guys going all over too, not just Pattaya. So all-in-all I think that after just 6 months or so this board is doing very well! :cheers: :fyou:

Capt Magoo
07-17-2007, 11:34 PM
".......in order to get up on the Wall of Fame before you, fucking gonzo, Magoo, smull and the rest of the shiftless lazy bastards get in there........ "

Hey!!! I resemble that remark!!

Cheers!

Magoo

butterflyblonde
07-18-2007, 08:43 PM
One game I would like to see added is that old classic Defender, perhaps Space scramble too and Pong.

I noticed today that Acno's Energiser does not seem to load up Jonny. Might be better to remove it if there is a problem ?

jonny
07-19-2007, 09:43 PM
BB, I'll have a look at it over the weekend.

FYI I think that the arcade will play any flash game so if you come accross any that you like let me know the address and I'll try and sort out loading it into the arcade.

Mack, a great post! Agree with you 100% as I've always said we are a community not just a pattaya message board. I would love to sit down with all of you and buy you a beer if it was possible! The more interactive and different things we can add the better as far as i am concerned?

jonny
07-22-2007, 09:58 AM
I've just uploaded another 50 or so games into the arcade..........I'm up to b!!

butterflyblonde
07-26-2007, 06:40 PM
Only problem I have found so far with the arcade is when playing games that can be played for a long time, I think may be because of the board settings which logs you out automatically after a certain amount of time.

Just been playing a game and beat the high score only to find an error message and unable to register the score, had this happen to me once before too.

mySQL query error: SELECT * FROM games_session WHERE sessid= LIMIT 1

mySQL error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'LIMIT 1' at line 1
mySQL error code:
Date: Thursday 26th of July 2007 02:36:14 PM

roamer
07-26-2007, 06:53 PM
I`ve had the same thing happen as described by bb.
I guess if you`re playing a game longer than 30 minutes you get logged out.

Sampeng
07-27-2007, 03:52 PM
Can you get 1981 Konami Scramble.
That was my favorite.

mack
07-27-2007, 04:06 PM
Not sure if jonny will be able to get the game from this link sampeng but here is some info on Kanomi Scramble:

http://www.mameworld.net/maws/romset/scramble

jonny
07-29-2007, 10:25 AM
those are just pics mack?

BB,
that looks like a session error and it would probably be related to the timeout. I will up the time out to a couple of hours

gonzo
07-29-2007, 11:38 AM
I've been trying to find one but the only flash version I've come across had the time limit removed so there'd be no way to post scores, but if anyone comes across a version of the old DOS classic dopewars let me know. That game was highly addictive.

BigBadSi
07-29-2007, 06:10 PM
can you get 1942????

jonny
08-12-2007, 10:07 AM
I've added another 100 or so games to the arcade.........

I decided to add the s's to we have great titles like sperm wars and sperminator for smull to get the top scores on..........

bouncer
09-12-2007, 10:40 PM
more games pleeeeessssss

jonny
09-13-2007, 09:07 PM
k mate I have loads to put in I'll try and remember to do a load over the weekend