PDA

View Full Version : Arturo Gatti v Alfonso Gomez

BigBadSi
07-15-2007, 07:13 PM
Just watched the fight alfonso was on the contender on itv not so long ago ,this was like watching a rocky fight gatti was beaten senseless barely any defense from both parties but excellent viewing

Thebomb
07-15-2007, 10:54 PM
missed it but remember gomez from contender 1 and although he was a bit lighter than the other "contenders" he was always there or there abouts....gatti is a warrior also...bet it was a good scrap gonna try and search for that one

irishmic
07-16-2007, 05:14 AM
Thanks Si, just read the summary, Gatti was a gutsy fighter, always laid it all on the line. He retired after the fight, will miss his type of fighting.

ferocious
07-16-2007, 07:09 AM
Thanks Si, just read the summary, Gatti was a gutsy fighter, always laid it all on the line. He retired after the fight, will miss his type of fighting.

one of the most entertaining fighters ever , never shirked a tear up

BigBadSi
07-16-2007, 07:39 AM
Gatti took a pounding he was very open in the early rounds he gave as good as he got when he went down gomez must have landed 15-20 punches on his in a mattwer of seconds causing gattis wife to dive down the seating area she was distressed gatti couldnt defend himself on the ropes,i think the ropes kept him up,,,,,like i say it was like a roicky fight,i like gomez he has a lot of heart and a nice guy too

torrenova
07-16-2007, 01:01 PM
Arturo Gatty versus Micky Ward were 3 classic fights. I'll get them downloaded one day.

mack
07-16-2007, 08:33 PM
Read where Gatti is 35, lots of punches thrown and taken over the years. :boxer: