PDA

View Full Version : IE10 New Post Problem

kuranda_bagman
03-09-2013, 08:16 AM
I had to buy a new laptop last week due to the old netbook packing up.

The good news, I was able to recover all my files from the old HDD :thumbup:

The bad news, I had to buy a laptop with Windows 8 :thumbdown:

I have managed to find a couple of add-on programs that make Windows 8 look like Windows 7 and am happy with the result.

However, I have a problem with the forum.

The installed browser is IE10 and when I log onto the forum clicking “New Posts” always returns the message “Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms”. Also, it doesn’t give me the option to look in other areas.

I have downloaded the latest version of Firefox, which works perfectly so I can rule out Windows 8 being the culprit.

Does anybody else have the same problem with IE10 or is it some oblique security setting that I need to change in IE10 ?

Fork Handles
03-09-2013, 08:58 AM
John, could it be that most new posts are pics of Bazz with the BS

.............and your anti-virus filter is set to protect your system from such nasties?:redcard:

bazzap
03-09-2013, 05:27 PM
Just download Windows XP plus Service Pack 2, install and you'll be back in your comfort zone.

Will take a while on your dial-up though!!

Bloody Queenslanders!!! Always 10+ years behind every body else in the world.

:toot:

kuranda_bagman
03-10-2013, 12:58 AM
John, could it be that most new posts are pics of Bazz with the BS

.............and your anti-virus filter is set to protect your system from such nasties?:redcard:

:pissedmesen:

gonzo
03-10-2013, 07:19 AM
John, its likely to do with your settings for accepting the cookies the board reads to work out when you were last logged on and so what posts are new.