PDA

View Full Version : Cheap air fares to LOS

Richie
04-18-2012, 07:45 AM
Hope this is the right section, if not can one of the mods just move it. Air Asia is flying from Sydney to BKK for $645 return with a stopover in KL
Air Asia has only just recently started flying out from Sydney
cheers
guy's

Jake
04-21-2012, 09:49 PM
A couple of days ago, Qatar Air were advertising a return flight from LOndon to Bkk for £280. www.hotdealsuk

bazzap
04-22-2012, 01:02 AM
The problem with flying the cheap Asian airlines is that they fly point to point. If Richie flies to Bangkok via KL, he has to go through immigration, pick up his luggage, go through customs then do the reverse of that to be able to get on his flight to BKK. The Air Asia terminal is like a huge barn. A real free for all to get through immigration. Loads of Paki's, Injuns & other assorted races. When I went through there in Feb 2010, the lines were more than twice as long as what we experience at Swampy. Plenty of people having issues getting into the country really slows things down.

Once you get through all this, the departure area is OK but you want to hope that it is not raining as you have to walk out to get onto your plane. My plane was easily 500 metres away from the terminal.

It is the same deal at the Singapore budget terminal though the planes are parked closer to the terminal.

Not for me. Just not worth the hassle just to save a few bucks. I do use the cheapies as long as it is a single flight. For everything else, it is the likes of Singapore Airlines, Thai Inter, Cathay Pacific etc. Baggage booked all the way through, better terminals, bigger seats that recline, free food & drinks, better and free entertainment systems. Plus if you keep an eye out on their websites, they do have specials about the same price as the budget airlines.

Fork Handles
04-22-2012, 02:58 AM
I've just booked a trip to Nepal. First time back for 12 years. So many more flight options than there used to be. But for exactly the reasons Bazz said, I'll probably fly with Thai. No transfer hassles, baggage allowance, only around $200 more than using the cheapies......and I get to stopover in LOS coming and going. dancing

gonzo
04-22-2012, 07:52 AM
You'll have to let me know what it's like mate, not been myself in about 10 years. My ex went across more recently and said Kathmandu has really changed, and not for the better as far as she was concerned....you may have a different view as she was complaining about gogo bars appearing :laughing:

Fork Handles
04-22-2012, 09:24 AM
And not before time!!

Some friends I introduced to the place back in the nineties liked it so much that they formed a travel company and ran trips there.

They tell me its quite normal now to be held up by bandits while trekking, The tour leader negotiates a price and off you go.

gonzo
04-22-2012, 09:47 AM
I think my chances of going trekking again have been considerably reduced of late. I did suggest it to Kitty but the idea of spending a holiday walking up the side of a mountain, starting the days walk at dawn and dealing with -30 temperatures didn't seem to tempt her for some reason :cuckoo: