PDA

View Full Version : Aussie Cricket

old crust
09-27-2011, 07:50 PM
Good appointment naming Troy Cooley as the new coach. I know a couple of people who knew him from his England bowling coach days and they speak very highly of him. Fletcher should have never been allowed to ease him out of the England set up.

Lets hope he gets a good run at the job and produces a competitive team ready for the next Ashes series.

Fork Handles
09-27-2011, 08:46 PM
Don't know much about him....but he has declared himself to be a fill-in only, no interest in a permanent appointment.

Kinda like Mirky on soi 6; it could become permanent after a few clashes. dancing

bazzap
09-27-2011, 09:02 PM
He is only an interim coach, OC.

Quoted from Cricinfo

Cooley has spent most of the past five years working closely with Australia's attack as the team's bowling coach, but he stepped away earlier this year to become head coach at the Centre of Excellence in Brisbane. His appointment as Australia's interim coach came after he told Cricket Australia he wouldn't be applying for the full-time role.

It will be interesting to see how they go in South Africa. They surprised everyone by how well they went last time they were there. Mitchell Johnson and Brad Haddin need to lift otherwise they will be gone. IMHO

Strange that they are only playing 2 Tests. :clueless:

I thought this was interesting

Cooley will rejoin the Australians at a time of great change, but also of great promise, after their 1-0 series win over Sri Lanka. Tackling South Africa in their own conditions will be a different challenge, but despite being ranked second on the ICC Test table, South Africa have not won a Test series at home since beating Bangladesh in 2008.

We live in hope!!!

old crust
09-27-2011, 09:09 PM
Who else is in the frame?

If they win in S Africa (which will be an hard ask) then they might offer it to him.

Fork Handles
09-28-2011, 09:05 AM
Johnson and HAddin both out for the T20.

But why is Hilditch still picking the side?

old crust
09-28-2011, 06:27 PM
But why is Hilditch still picking the side?

Thought he had been sacked.

He never knows when to pack up, remember him constantly hooking the ball to the fine leg's hands on his tour of England a fair few years ago.

foz
09-28-2011, 11:07 PM
Old crust you still going to next ashes ?

old crust
09-29-2011, 04:42 PM
Old crust you still going to next ashes ?

Not sure now they have brought the series forward a year. It will depend on if I can bring my retirement forward. Certainly want to go.

How about you foz?

foz
09-29-2011, 04:49 PM
Not sure now they have brought the series forward a year. It will depend on if I can bring my retirement forward. Certainly want to go.

How about you foz?Yeah still going with the boy planning on retiring the day before i go . Been putting £30 a week away for last 2 years ,so dosh sides ok. Boys going to take a year out .

bazzap
09-29-2011, 09:14 PM
Yeah still going with the boy planning on retiring the day before i go . Been putting £30 a week away for last 2 years ,so dosh sides ok. Boys going to take a year out .

Dec 2013, Foz??

foz
09-29-2011, 10:53 PM
Dec 2013, Foz??

yep ill be there

Fork Handles
10-05-2011, 07:44 PM
Just heard that our own Dean Jones is short listed for the Sri Lankan coaching job.

Meanwhile we'll probably appoint another nobody with a whiteboard and laptop who never played the game.:ausflag:

foz
10-10-2011, 11:06 PM
trip got a bit closer today ,intervieved my successor...he/ she will need trained to be/ me at buissness level so will take 2 years

bazzap
10-11-2011, 02:19 PM
Mitch Johnson rolling his ankle today at the WACA playing for Western Australia

I like the photo but the gear used was a bit pricey. The Canon camera and 600mm lens will put you back about $18,000 here in Oz.

http://high-grade.smugmug.com/photos/i-5jJPdLK/0/X2/i-5jJPdLK-X2.jpg

Call me old fashioned if you like but with tattoo's like that, standards are slipping when we let blokes like him put the baggy green on.

:sad:

old crust
10-11-2011, 05:39 PM
Call me old fashioned if you like but with tattoo's like that, standards are slipping when we let blokes like him put the baggy green on.

I'm in the old fashioned club an'all.

penetrator
10-12-2011, 11:25 AM
Mitch Johnson rolling his ankle today at the WACA playing for Western Australia

I like the photo but the gear used was a bit pricey. The Canon camera and 600mm lens will put you back about $18,000 here in Oz.

http://high-grade.smugmug.com/photos/i-5jJPdLK/0/X2/i-5jJPdLK-X2.jpg

No doubt a deliberate no ball for a paki betting syndicate !