PDA

View Full Version : Pemier League Mos Valuable Player?

nosehair
04-01-2007, 12:52 PM
It's got to be Ronaldo huh?

Would he be as good on say... Watford... as he is on ManU?

It's a lot easier to be the "best footballer on the face of the earth" on a team full of All-Stars than on a lower tier team....but you have to give the man his due....he truly is somfin specialdancing

Lampard has kinda gone in the tank the last couple of matches....hard for him to score or assist on any goals...with Drogba and Rooney it's either feast of famine.

So the MVP has got to be Ronaldo.

old crust
04-01-2007, 01:44 PM
You are probably correct nose. The other outstanding player for me is Essien. I can only judge from what I see on television, which is no where near as good as watching a game live. My team seem to be getting further and further away from the Premier league, so it may be a long time for me to give a more acurate view.

ferocious
04-01-2007, 11:03 PM
gerrard is worth more than any of those mentioned...! yes i'm biased but he is the complete player IMO

Fork Handles
04-02-2007, 08:20 AM
Sadly we don't get EPL on telly any more....thats why I go to LOS so often!!:lightbulb:

But, much as it pains me, I have to go with Gerrard as well.

ferocious
04-02-2007, 08:21 AM
how come it's not shown anymore ash ??

Fork Handles
04-02-2007, 08:37 AM
Gone to pay for view.

Thank you Mr Murdoch.:smilies-33399:

Dunghie
04-02-2007, 08:49 AM
Hard to go past Ronaldo.
Gerrard's had an average season by his standards. I would give Alonso the nod over Stevie as Liverpool MVP.

ferocious
04-02-2007, 09:22 AM
we might see how much alonso is worth soon , rumours are rife that he's heading back to spain

penetrator
04-02-2007, 10:25 AM
Ronalda would be worth more than Gerrard because you know he'll get you 20 penalties a season and also for his uncanny ability to take opposition players out of the game - by getting them red carded !

nosehair
04-15-2007, 04:36 AM
Was watching the FA Cup game last night with ferocious and having a couple beers....If ManU and Watford meet in FA Cup play....why does that not count in the Premier League standings as well?

Tough to figure out all the different levels of play in footballdancing

Bilbobaggins
04-15-2007, 10:25 AM
Nose lol you joke right?? the cup is a totally different competition, lower league clubs and non-league clubs get their chance in this.
As for the most valuable player, unfortunately I have to go with the spiteful cheating twat aka Ronaldo, he is a fantastic player (and that hurts me to say being a Manchester City fan!) and will be even better when he totally cuts out his diving.
Also Drogba at Chelsea has been excellent this season, without him Chelsea would be in about 4th place this season.

Baggins

BigBadSi
04-15-2007, 12:56 PM
yes drogba,berbatov and ronaldo for player of season

adamski69
04-15-2007, 07:25 PM
See the game this afternoon?

Come on you Blues!

:boobs:

Bilbobaggins
04-15-2007, 09:19 PM
you were lucky Pedersen missed that easy header!!

Baggins

nosehair
05-01-2007, 08:47 PM
It seems that the European Cup is more important to Chelsea than a Premier League Championship.

On the 28th against Bolton in a 2-2 tie, Drogba only played 45 minutes while Lampard only played 62 minutes.....well it looks as though it is backfiring on them today as Liverpool is about to win.

What is a more important competition...the Premier League or the Euro/Champions Cup?

Bilbobaggins
05-01-2007, 08:53 PM
nose, prob the chamions league, you only have to finish in the top 4 in the premier league to be in the chamions league the following season, so to finish top for Chelsea is not quite so important to them, added to that, Chelsea have never won europes top club competition

Baggins...

nosehair
05-01-2007, 09:15 PM
I give up....If Liverpool has more goals in regular time 1-0 after 90 minutes...why do they go into 30 minutes of extra time and then go into a shoot out?

I like football, but I can't begin to understand all the intricate rules y'all havedancing

gonzo
05-01-2007, 09:17 PM
I give up....If Liverpool has more goals in regular time 1-0 after 90 minutes...why do they go into 30 minutes of extra time and then go into a shoot out?

I like football, but I can't begin to understand all the intricate rules y'all havedancing
As well as being a game of 2 halves this one is also a game of 2 legs. Chelski won the first leg 1-0 and Liverpool were 1-0 at the end of normal time in the 2nd leg, hence it was 1-1 overall.

nosehair
05-01-2007, 09:25 PM
Thanks pal....now I understanddancing

Bilbobaggins
05-01-2007, 09:28 PM

Good to see a yank calling it by its proper name Nose :clapping:

Baggins...:angel_not:

BigBadSi
05-01-2007, 09:58 PM

Yes nose when the result is a tie in a 2 set series the game goes into overtime and then its roll the dice time.......24,32,hut hut