PDA

View Full Version : Planning my first trip

beforeidie
02-10-2011, 11:38 AM
Hi all,

I've been doing some reading around about these soapy massages and really want to take a trip to thailand to experience one. Can you recommend a good itinerary for a week?

I'm not a smoker or a drinker but wouldn't mind some boating or golfing or the like to pass the time - can't spend all my time at the soapies afterall.

How much will I have to budget for a week? I'm trying to keep it under £1000 all-in if possible.

thanks in advance.

techno kev
02-10-2011, 11:51 AM
more like £1500-£2000 for a week in pattaya pal or do you mean £1000 for hotel and spending money after you have paid for the flight in advance ?

beforeidie
02-10-2011, 12:09 PM
That's basically what I was trying to figure out - I'm currently in the middle east until June, so I can get a cheaper flight from here if I go now, either in March or May will cost about £300-350.

I've checked out some hotels in pattaya that are all about £20-25 per night - with a swimming pool and a jacuzzi and within walking distance to the big C. so estimate £175-200 for accomodation leaving about £500 - enough for leisure activities for the week?

I have no idea about food or other travel. I could hire a bike as I read they are really cheap.

OR.....

then I hold off and wait till Oct/Nov when I will be back in UK - flights will be more expensive as will the accomodation... but is that a better time to go? Is March or May not worth it?

thanks.

tommiecoughlin
02-10-2011, 01:05 PM
welcome to the board:thumbsup:....there are plenty of guest houses for less than you're ready to pay that are pretty nice...they just lack the pool...then you can save that extree money for the girls..just check the otel section for some ideas.

March or May would be a great time to go...as a matter of fact...no time is a bad time to go...have fun.

gonzo
02-10-2011, 01:17 PM
March or May will be hot but sunny pretty much all the time, October/November will have a lot more rain generally.

£500 spending money for a week :huh: You could do it no problem but you'd be watching the satang every day and I'd look to rule soapies out of your itinerary as if you're going to be on a tight budget you can get more bang for your buck elsewhere. Mind you you say you don't drink and that's always my greatest expense (I easily blow £500 a week on booze alone in Pattaya). A soapie a day in Pattaya will cost you upwards of £265 over a week even if you don't tip and just nurse a bottle of water whilst making your selection. Not a lot left over for evening entertainment out of your £500 after that, booze or no booze.

beforeidie
02-10-2011, 02:42 PM
awesome - so I think I am going to try to go Mar/May for sure then.

I think a soapy a day should be more than enough. The prices Ive seen online are all about 2000/session - and I have to try two girls at least once so I guess I should allow for more spending money. I do like the idea of accomodation with a pool and jacuzzi as it gives me something to do when Im not getting soaped down. Any chance of meeting nice girls in the jacuzzis? ;-)

gonzo
02-10-2011, 03:25 PM
Any chance of meeting nice girls in the jacuzzis? ;-)It's the only reason I book jacuzzi rooms :thumbsup:

Try and branch out a bit while you're there, don't get me wrong, I love a good soapie as much as the next bloke but they get a bit formulaic after a while. A couple of soapies will be plenty in a week. Get yourself down soi 6, the preferred daytime activity of most of us on here, much cheaper and you can start auditionng for jacuzzi companions.

techno kev
02-10-2011, 04:11 PM
i tend to get away with spending about 5000 baht a day but i rarely bother with soapies or afternoon short time bars,i'm usually still in bed till about 3pm after being in the disco's etc till dawn breaks,i couldn't imagine being in pattaya without drinking,i haven't came across many t-total lads in thailand b4 !

gonzo
02-10-2011, 05:05 PM
i couldn't imagine being in pattaya without drinking,i haven't came across many t-total lads in thailand b4 !I'd done almost 3 years on the wagon until the wheels came off in Pattaya one day. Paying the same price (or more!) in a gogo for a bottle of water as my mates were paying for a beer was the final straw :laughing:

beforeidie
02-10-2011, 08:35 PM
There must be something else to do surely... I have to take family-friendly pics while Im there...

So it sounds like I should only be thinking of going to the soapy about three times - a single, then a double, and finish off with another single before I return...

is it worth spending a day or two in bangkok?

thailearner
02-10-2011, 08:59 PM
Hi and welcome

I average around £100
I would suggest only visiting the soapie once.
Try going to soi 6 and even the devils den.
If you want cheap try shopping at the coconut bar for the FLs

If you are only staying a week then head straight to Pattaya

Frankie
02-10-2011, 09:06 PM
There must be something else to do surely... I have to take family-friendly pics while Im there...

So it sounds like I should only be thinking of going to the soapy about three times - a single, then a double, and finish off with another single before I return...

is it worth spending a day or two in bangkok?

If your only going for a week then I would not look to travel around. There's plenty to do in Pattaya.

You mentioned golf in the opening post. I dont play golf but there are something like 30+ golf courses within easy reach of Pattaya as well as about 3 driving ranges within the city itself.

Other mainstream tourist attractions include: Buddah Hill, Sanctuary of Truth, Crocodile Farm and Nong Nooch Tropical Garden. Have a look at the beaches: such as the much maligned Pattaya beach then there's Jomtien and Wong Amat.

Take the ferry or hire a speedboat and go to Koh Larn (Coral Island) for the day.

I doubt you could fit them all into one week and that's not including the soapies and other horizontal pleasures thats available.

I dont know if you've heard the saying: "Never make plans in Pattaya".

I wouldnt bother planning much as you always get distracted. Just do some research so you know where things are located and the rest will just fall into place.:MyEmoticons-com__sl

techno kev
02-10-2011, 09:08 PM
not really pal as i find there is little else 2 do in bkk other than hit the bars and like gonzo says i couldn't sit there with a water or cola while every other cunt is get'n tanked up regardless of the women on tap !

kuranda_bagman
02-10-2011, 09:46 PM
Good advice mate!

If your only going for a week then I would not look to travel around. There's plenty to do in Pattaya.

You mentioned golf in the opening post. I dont play golf but there are something like 30+ golf courses within easy reach of Pattaya as well as about 3 driving ranges within the city itself.

Other mainstream tourist attractions include: Buddah Hill, Sanctuary of Truth, Crocodile Farm and Nong Nooch Tropical Garden. Have a look at the beaches: such as the much maligned Pattaya beach then there's Jomtien and Wong Amat.

Take the ferry or hire a speedboat and go to Koh Larn (Coral Island) for the day.

I doubt you could fit them all into one week and that's not including the soapies and other horizontal pleasures thats available.

I wouldnt bother planning much as you always get distracted. Just do some research so you know where things are located and the rest will just fall into place.:MyEmoticons-com__sl

foz
02-10-2011, 10:21 PM
Welcome to the board mate .Hope you have a good trip,to save money you could allways go to janes bar at the new plaza. When getting served say you know the sherrif of nottingham and you get a 20% discount

gkp
02-11-2011, 12:53 AM
I'd done almost 3 years on the wagon until the wheels came off in Pattaya one day. Paying the same price (or more!) in a gogo for a bottle of water as my mates were paying for a beer was the final straw :laughing:

3 years thats a long time..you done well..ever think about getting back on the wagon ?

Fork Handles
02-11-2011, 06:08 AM
OP

welcome aboard matey

apparently I'm the board's resident golfer. so if you want a game while you're there, you'll find plenty of bars and hotels run competitons and get a discount on the green fees, which can be quite exxy if you pay full rate. They'll also arrange transport for you at a nominal cost. Remember that caddies are compulsory ( and they expect--and deserve--a tip) and you'll need a cart; at some courses you can share, at some you must have a cart to yourself.
Whoever you go with can rent you some clubs. The whole day will cost around 3000--3500b.

Just bear in mind you'll be playing in 35 plus degrees.

Here's a link to help you out.
http://ipgc.org/

I usually play with the Hot Legs bar in Jomtien, but somewhere like Shenanigans will be closer to where you're staying.

I can recommend the Haven Hotel on soi 13. A few of us have stayed there over the years. They have a golf club (3 days a week) a pool, great food, is girl friendly, and the location is ideal for a first timer. The Sportsmans bar next door has English grub, football on cable and also organise days out.

A number of the guest houses on soi LK Metro have golf days. The guy from the Drunken Duck posts here occaisonally, as does Dave from Canterbury Tales on soi Lengkee.

gonzo
02-11-2011, 06:42 AM
3 years thats a long time..you done well..ever think about getting back on the wagon ?Every sunday morning when the hangover kicks in :kickcan:

beforeidie
02-11-2011, 04:12 PM
thanks so far. So I guess Im looking at going straight to pattaya for sure then. from the sounds of things, golf is going to be expensive, wouldnt mind going to the driving range but as I wont have my clubs on me I may just give it a miss - mini-golf will do for now.

I would like to go boating, maybe snorkling or even fishing if the waters are nice enough.

as for the gilrs, I do have my heart set on the soapies - but if I have understood this correctly, I could get better value bringing girls back to my hotel and have my soapy there? :D

foz
02-11-2011, 04:28 PM
Try and co-incide your trips when bazzas in town .And your soapys come free:grinnod:

bigphill67
02-11-2011, 04:43 PM
Try and co-incide your trips when bazzas in town .And your soapys come free:grinnod:

pissedme cheers bazz

gonzo
02-11-2011, 04:49 PM
as for the gilrs, I do have my heart set on the soapies - but if I have understood this correctly, I could get better value bringing girls back to my hotel and have my soapy there? :DDefinitely get a soapie on your first day and see how you like it, it's certainly an experience, but there are girls everywhere and to be honest, you'll find much better lookers elsewhere judging on my last few soapie visits.

Rather than limiting yourself to one particular kind of place just relax and enjoy your trip, check out the soapies, hit soi 6 for a short time or 2 on the premises, browse the gogos in the eveings and see if anyone there floats your boat and cruise round the beer bars and see what's on offer. If you're a nightowl you can pick up some stunners in the clubs too.

It's easy to get caught up in planning before a trip but as others have noted it'll all go out of the window when you hit the ground anyway, just enjoy yourself and give us a trip report when you get back :thumbsup:

bigphill67
02-11-2011, 04:52 PM

I wouldnt bother planning much as you always get distracted. Just do some research so you know where things are located and the rest will just fall into place.

great advice mate
that kinda sums things up i've not done half the things i've planned to do on my trips things just seem to happen and i get side tracked just remember to enjoy yourself and if your not drinking then your money should stretch out over the week have one major expense a day say soapie one day golf and a bar girl the next trip to koh larn to snorkel ect a bar girl will set you back 1000baht plus bar fine for the night so eat thai and budget what you have left and have a great trip

thailearner
02-11-2011, 05:48 PM
http://www.golfclubpattaya.com/site/

Try the above link I hear they do good outings also have food is decent at well

beforeidie
02-11-2011, 09:40 PM
thanks for all the advice. I just want to make sure I am going to have anough cash on me for the trip a I didn't bring my credit card with me so thats going to be an issue.

So if I assume £100 per day - I def have that much cash on me for the week.

I was planning to stay near big C to have walking distance access to the soapies, but since thats not going to be an everyday thing now, can you recommend what part of town is the best to stay in. Obviously looking to bring some ladies back to the room and I want to keep the cost down too.

This place sounds like an affordable alternative to the soapies - anyone checked this out? http://www.dream-teen-pattaya.com/servicesandprices.html

thailearner
02-11-2011, 09:53 PM
Stay around the soi lk area

The golf club has rooms
http://canterburytalescafe.com/pages/home.php
http://metro-apartments-pattaya.com/
http://www.drunkenduckbar.com/

Rooms start about £10 a night

There are bars go gos plenty of places to eat and Devils Den and Lolitas plus soi honey inn where you can get a massage with a happy ending.

I visited dream teen once it was good but pricey.

If you go to the Cherry bar soi 8 Hammer the owner arranges bar crawls for wednesday they are worth going on for a newbie

foz
02-11-2011, 10:25 PM
T/l :wtf: does he want to go on bar crawls for when he dosent drink

Fork Handles
02-12-2011, 05:03 AM
I've been to teendream lots of times.

they're not teens, and its overpriced for a massage. any good massage girl will give you a similar experience for less.

BTW, do you know how much for a baht bus?

thailearner
02-12-2011, 09:18 AM
T/l :wtf: does he want to go on bar crawls for when he dosent drink

He might do. I have seen some people not drinking on them.

I think it is a good idea to go on one. Sometimes you go to places that you might never visit.

Richie
02-12-2011, 10:06 AM
spend 2 days in bangkok (BKK) as you can go to the palace and reclining budda and there is your family friendly pics or you can go the big budda in Pattaya and the tiger park but the tiger park can be pricey not sure from memory

monsterman
02-12-2011, 12:58 PM
welcome and enjoy but keep both your brains switched on

thailearner
02-12-2011, 01:44 PM
you ever thought of going on one of those jap holidays where you follow the guy with the umbrella?dancing

I don't think I take enough pictures to go on one of those trips

jimmycricket
03-06-2011, 02:28 PM
boy Pattaya sounds fun

torrenova
03-08-2011, 10:26 PM
If you're on a fixed budget, treat it the same as you did with the old 18-30 holiday when you were under so much pressure to sign up for everything when you arrived and spent way too much money at the beginning. Essentially, you'll be better off keeping more money for the second half of your holiday or the last few days when time is at a premium and you can blow the cash without having to think where your next meal (or shag) is coming from.

Soapies were always loved or hated but as the price of lady drinks and barfines and then the girls' tips rises and rises in the bars and go-gos, I would say they offer a sort of fixed price 90 minutes experience which may be hard to beat, price wise.

If cost really is an issue, then some things can be trimmed down without it making a large difference. Where you stay could cost Bt5000 a day or less than Bt500. If it has aircon, a hot shower, clean bathroom, half decent bed and clean linen then it is acceptable. how much you need over that depends on how you value your creature comforts.

Some on here will be able to tell you the latest best places for cheap booze but you don't have to shuffle draft piss or have every beer costing you top whack.