PDA

View Full Version : When are Thai Elections?

elvis2334
01-21-2011, 03:51 PM
Haven't posted much, but always like reading the reports.
Planning on returning to LOS in May and am wondering if the Thai government will be holding elections in 2011.
Have also read about recent Red Shirts marching - anything happening other than peaceful marches?
Would hate to have to postpone because of any potential trouble around election time.
Thanks guys.

tom
01-21-2011, 06:41 PM
Planning on returning to LOS in May and am wondering if the Thai government will be holding elections in 2011.

That's the requirement - before the end of the year. When they'll be is anyone's guess.

elvis2334
01-21-2011, 10:17 PM
Cheers Tom, was thinkiing of taking my chances and by-passing Bangkok for Patts.

bigphill67
01-22-2011, 11:39 AM
soz for thread jacking elvis but i'd be more worried about the king dying to disrupt things., things seem to have gone quiet about him lately and when he dies things will be a little bit up in the air. anyone heard anything about the kings state of health

tom
01-22-2011, 02:47 PM
soz for thread jacking elvis but i'd be more worried about the king dying to disrupt things., things seem to have gone quiet about him lately and when he dies things will be a little bit up in the air. anyone heard anything about the kings state of health

He was wheeled out for his birthday last month and was quite obviously struggling.

More worrying was some of the comments between some members of the Privy Council and the Yank Ambassador re the Crown Prince and the succession that came out on wikileaks.