PDA

View Full Version : best time to go

bigphill67
10-25-2010, 06:43 PM
i have'nt been to thailand for loy katong festival for a few years but used to love it and was my fav time to be in los i always thought and felt it was something special even in patters maybe i was just loved up or was getting a little chilled and relaxed into it but miss it and would love to be there this year but will have to wait till i get some things sorted at home before my next trip, don't fancy songkran especially in patters probably a bit to full on for me maybe somewhere in the sticks so what other festivals or times of year do you like.

Thebomb
10-25-2010, 06:53 PM
any time at all....used to love xmas new year time but had a shit one a couple o yr back and it put me off goin that time of year.....only been once for songkran but loved it...would love to go again...maybe next year...

gonzo
10-25-2010, 06:58 PM
No Festivals but Feb is always a great time to go, the xmas and new year crowds have departed and the weather's still great, no rain, not too humid.

InCider
10-25-2010, 07:28 PM
Any time is good for a visit but I always try to avoid the main public holidays, buddhist holidays, elections etc when the bars are shut. :thumbdown:

Apart from that the only time I give Thailand the swerve is during Songkran. Loy Krathong doesn't do anything for me...never seen what the fuss was about.

I wouldn't touch Pattaya with a bargepole during Xmas and New Year but staying elsewhere is OK. :thumbup1:

monkeyspanker
10-26-2010, 12:16 AM
to me the best time to go is around Nov5th....strange as thats in 10 dayz and i will be there........

foz
10-26-2010, 07:00 PM
Any time iam there :thumbsup:

KeeNeow
10-26-2010, 09:22 PM
Any time foz is not there.

Sorry foz couldn't pass this one up!

foz
10-27-2010, 06:40 PM
Had a great time again me t/r will be finnised in 2 weeks .................................just wish a few other board members would put some effort in

Barry1974
11-17-2010, 11:21 PM
So the first 2 weeks in January it's overcrowded in Pattaya?

Thebomb
11-18-2010, 07:35 AM

i would imagine so.....it usually is that time of year...ive had about 6 new years there and its always been very busy........mind u its fucking rammed at the moment too.....i wasnt expecting it to be this busy at the moment.....maybe everyones come early this year to avoid the rush...u might get lucky an it might be quiet.....but i wouldnt bank on it

bell
11-18-2010, 05:07 PM

No did not think it was bad last year at that time of the year.

thailearner
11-18-2010, 07:21 PM
I have been there the last 2 years in January and didn't think it was that busy at all no where near as bad as I thought it would be.

Did get busy NYE

Barry1974
11-18-2010, 10:03 PM
cool, maybe the recession hit the last couple of years crowds or something. Wouldnt be keen on shoving my way through a mass of humanity every day i'm there

bell
11-19-2010, 05:37 AM
The only place i went in that i thought was busy was insomnia. New years eve was very busy and that was it :boobs:

Barry1974
11-19-2010, 08:53 PM
Decent bars will always have some sort of a crowd, thats to be expected I guess. First time I was in Thailand was during the Kings sisters funeral, think it was October, and Nana in Bangkok was dead (no pun intended)