PDA

View Full Version : Pattaya map

woodman2
03-18-2007, 06:39 PM
Its very good. I have had the site book marked for a while. Not to cluttered.

bouncer
03-18-2007, 08:05 PM
looks nice and fast as hell.

butterflyblonde
03-18-2007, 09:10 PM
Nice maps Winston.

Here is a similar site desgined by a guy I know off a Phuket board, also has maps for various areas.

http://www.phuket-maps.com/

It dawned on me a while ago that I have seen that siammap site before Winnie, just checked the phuket board and he is another member, goes by the handle of Sunem, 49 year old guy from Sweden.

sunem
03-19-2007, 01:49 AM
It's all true butterflyblonde!
I'm 49 and from Sweden! But now I'm trying to make my living in Thailand and after have tryed Guesthouse (to boring) and bar (to much!) I'll try to live on my maps!
The fee for a place to be on the map is 200baht/month and I don't think that will ruin anybody!
If You own a place you want to have on the map, feel fre to contact me! If your favorite place is not on the map, talk to the owner and tell him about the map!
And as Mr Churchill said, I'm always interested in opinions about the map! Positiv and negative! Because everything can always be better!
Best regards
Sunem

Sa-teef
03-19-2007, 02:34 AM
Nice detail and easy to use.
If I had a wish it would be to make it a little bit larger to work with but I suppose that would slow it down considerably as well.

I've PM'd you with a small correction.

Good work and hope it pays off for you!

~Steve

smullenpe
03-19-2007, 10:46 AM
It's all true butterflyblonde!
I'm 49 and from Sweden! But now I'm trying to make my living in Thailand and after have tryed Guesthouse (to boring) and bar (to much!) I'll try to live on my maps!
The fee for a place to be on the map is 200baht/month and I don't think that will ruin anybody!
If You own a place you want to have on the map, feel fre to contact me! If your favorite place is not on the map, talk to the owner and tell him about the map!
And as Mr Churchill said, I'm always interested in opinions about the map! Positiv and negative! Because everything can always be better!
Best regards
SunemIt's very nice map but I was expecting to click on the bar or go-go and being redirected to their own website. Maybe Lennie's doesn't have website anymore? I was affraid to click on the Secrets.

sunem
03-19-2007, 11:20 AM
It's very nice map but I was expecting to click on the bar or go-go and being redirected to their own website. Maybe Lennie's doesn't have website anymore? I was affraid to click on the Secrets.

That's exactly what will happen if You click on a point! Thats what happens for me!
Do You have a "popup-blocker" enabled?
/sunem

sunem
03-19-2007, 11:36 AM
Nice detail and easy to use.
If I had a wish it would be to make it a little bit larger to work with but I suppose that would slow it down considerably as well.
I've PM'd you with a small correction.
Good work and hope it pays off for you!
~Steve

Yes!
That should slow down the map rather much!
The map can appear rather slow the first time you use it, but after a while it will be faster and faster! It's built up from 2200small gif pictures and they have to be loaded to your computer! But after using it a while it will be faster as the pictures is saved in your computers cache memory!
I hope I have found a god proportion beetwen "fast to load" and "big enough to read"! But if more people think they want a"bigger" map at zoom level 4, please tell me!
/sunem

ps. Thanks for your PM! Change will come tomorrow!:clapping:

butterflyblonde
03-19-2007, 08:58 PM
:welcome: to the board Sunem. Nice to see you here. :thumbsup:

smullenpe
03-20-2007, 10:37 PM
That's exactly what will happen if You click on a point! Thats what happens for me!
Do You have a "popup-blocker" enabled?
/sunemYou were right about that. I'm just dumb fuck when it comes to using features on the internet stuff. Thanks. :cheers:

bouncer
03-20-2007, 11:39 PM
välkommen hoppas att det funkar för dej och att många kommer att använda kartan

mvh jesper

Delaware
03-21-2007, 08:58 AM
Very good have the site bookmarked now.

mack
03-21-2007, 07:14 PM

mvh jesper

I don't like the looks of that word in bold type up there bouncer and have PM'ed the mods about it. :bigfinger

smullenpe
03-21-2007, 10:05 PM
I don't like the looks of that word in bold type up there bouncer and have PM'ed the mods about it. :bigfingerDoes it say Fucker?

mack
03-21-2007, 10:34 PM
This is my guess smull and if so bouncer is banned. This is a no cussing board, I thought the cunt knew that.

sunem
03-22-2007, 03:27 AM
mvh jesper

I don't like the looks of that word in bold type up there bouncer and have PM'ed the mods about it.

Bouncer was writing to me in Swedish and "funkar" is a Swedish slang-word that means "working"!
What he was writing can be translated with:
"Welcome! hope its working for you and a lot of poeple will use the map!"
Think it's better we use English at the board so there is nu missunderstandings, even if not all of us are genius in the English language! :huh:
Witch you mybee can see in my posts! :sad:
/sunem

smullenpe
03-22-2007, 04:27 AM
Bouncer was writing to me in Swedish and "funkar" is a Swedish slang-word that means "working"!
What he was writing can be translated with:
"Welcome! hope its working for you and a lot of poeple will use the map!"
Think it's better we use English at the board so there is nu missunderstandings, even if not all of us are genius in the English language! :huh:
Witch you mybee can see in my posts! :sad:
/sunemAt least you are much better than Bouncer. It sure looked like fucker to me but it must have been FuckHer = working hard. :MyEmoticons-com__po :thumbup1:

mack
03-22-2007, 06:53 PM
Thanks for clearing that up sunem. Let's still ban bouncer anyway, agreed? :cheers:

sunem
05-10-2007, 04:24 PM
Please not that there is a new URL to Siam Tourist Maps!
New adress is www.siammaps.net
Best regards
Claes

Direct link to the Pattaya map is www.siammaps.net/pattaya/pattaya.html
:tornado:

sunem
12-12-2007, 04:50 PM
Hi everybody!
The last weeks I have been very busy to do a complete rework of my maps!
For the future I'll work with Google Maps (and also Google Earth)
Some advantaged with that!

Seamless maps that gives me a much bigger area to work with!
Possibility to switch between map and sattelite photos
More info directly in the marker
Added a "tab" in the marker for "Review" Welcome to make a review about a place you like/dislike!

And there is also some disadvantaged!

I have no longer complete controll of the maps! Ex Soi LK Metro is not there and I can't add it!
I place the objects with the help of the sattelite photos and simetimes there is bad fitting between map and photos, making things look wrong on the map! Check with the sattelite photo!
I cant turn on/off different layers wich makes the maps look very cluttered when zoomed out! Zoom in as much as possible!

And as always I'm glad for comments about the maps! God or bad!
Direct link to the Pattaya map is www.siammaps.net/pattaya/
/sunem

sunem
01-26-2008, 11:10 AM
Hi! Are in Pattaya at the moment to visit old customers/ adding new ones!
One completly new categori is "Golf around Pattaya" that have become very popular!
Anyone that have a place they want to be on the map can contact me tru info@siammaps.net
/sunem

butterflyblonde
09-04-2008, 04:59 PM
Found this today while googling soi bongkot.

http://www.yellow.co.th/Pattaya/PattayaMaps.php?mode=citymap