PDA

View Full Version : Soon to retire.

bangkokjax
06-28-2010, 04:27 PM
:madcunt:High all. Preparing to retire in the land of smiles destination Pattaya. All advice welcome.

gonzo
06-28-2010, 04:43 PM
Welcome to the board jax :cheers:

As for advice, I'd say you either need to get a hobby or a spare liver!

tom
06-28-2010, 05:34 PM
As for advice, I'd say you either need to get a hobby or a spare liver!

Falconry seems to be popular nowadays. :sailor:

bigphill67
06-28-2010, 06:25 PM
hi jax hope you have a great retirement you've picked probably the best place in the world to do it have a good one

ROLAND
06-28-2010, 06:28 PM
If I had decided to retire to Thailand then I would have made sure I knew everything before I had made that decision

foz
06-29-2010, 04:55 AM
Join secrets

dancing

KeeNeow
06-29-2010, 07:26 AM
Been retired a year here, spend 6 months here first and see if you can live through it, go home let your liver recuperate, then come back. Need to do something else other than go to beer bars all day. Don't fall in love with first girl you meet.
Don't buy property here rent until you are sure Pattaya is where you want to live. Even then rents are so cheap compared with buying I would still not buy anything here.

simie
06-29-2010, 07:46 AM
As previously mentioned by Keeneow don't be tempted to buy in Thailand/Pattaya better and far more flexible to rent and keep your money invested in your home country. Personally I would'nt retire to Pattaya but if you want to give it a go for a 6 months or a year. I think most people find it hard to stay off the piss and lead a normal life in Pattaya so a move to another part of Thailand is often a better bet for many people.
Simie.

Mirkwood
06-29-2010, 10:10 AM
Hi Bangkokjax,

As you might have guessed I live in LOS. :goldtooth:

Been a holidaymaker over 10 years,had a Thai wife in UK but only actually lived here 6 months now.

I've learnt, had more reality checks in the last 6 months than another 10 years as a holidaymaker would have given me. Mostly without sounding miserable, a lot of the dreams you harbor about living in LOS get shattered. Don't get me wrong it's still a great place to live only things certainly aren't how I imagined them to be.

Right ready?

Here's the good the bad and the ugly.

The good.

Freedom.
As long as you have money you can nearly do as you like.
Break the law and you can pay your way out of it.
None of the shit tax's and government cons like in UK or USA.
Loads of Thai girls to fuck when you want.
Public transport cheap.
Cheap lifestyle possible (but probably not in BKK or Pattaya)

The bad

While the sun is nice the heat pisses me off. I recently went back to UK and loved being cold.

Anything admin/home services/visa/rental agreements/driving licenses/satellite TV/phones/internet etc. Every single one of these is capable of breaking your life. Customer service is a bastard. Very rarely do Thai people do anything properly and you will cry trying to get it fixed. Be prepared for this before you live here.

Thai people.
While I love lots of Thai people I find 99% of the race incredibly stupid. It really pisses me off. I wonder at times. Thai men must wake up, think what can I eat? How can I get money and when can I sleep? Don't depend on anything. Think for yourself.

If you are silly enough to fall in love Western style with a Thai girl expect to lose everything you have. Her family will ruin you by controlling your girl. If you are a butterfly fine. It can be great here for sex but you must think of Thai girls like they think of you. As a commodity. You need a car, when it's fucked you just get a new one. That's all you are to them so while still treating people nicely don't forget that.

The ugly

Beer.
Now this is a tough one. It's very very hard to keep out of the bars. To be honest the heat makes you lazy and I always seem to have a mate on holiday or a good reason to end up pissed. Cold beers nice indoors as well. I've spent most of the last 6 months drinking. Been great but planning on cutting down now.

Thai families.
I've got a handle on mine but this is a bad thing here. Girls answer to their families and like I said before it can be the kiss of death on any relationship. Don't be generous. Get the message across you are a tight bastard and if they piss you off you'll get a new girl.

That's about it really. As a footnote.

The main reason most people want to be in LOS is for sex.
I've always been a shagger. I'd probably had more than enough sex for one lifetime before I moved here.
As usual though, I managed to find my second wind and spent maybe 3 months of shagging 3 girls a week and spending any spare time in soi 6 etc.

On top of that my wife is a shagger,often pulls girls and acts as bad as me. :sloshed:

I'm not ready to hang up my gunbelt but the shines starting to wear off. I do wonder if I'd want to stay in LOS should sex become boring.

Please think hobby.

Golf, motorbikes, keep fit anything that will keep you out of the bars.

As others have said. I discovered Chatuchak animal market. Like everything else in LOS there are no laws enforced. I bought myself some birds of prey and belong to a falconry school in BKK. Look in the sports section of this board if you want to see.

There you go then. You're all set mate.

KeeNeow
06-29-2010, 10:58 PM
Forgot to add under no circumstance listen to Mirkwood about animals or women and never ever consider buying a Bar or probably any business in Pattaya if they could be made profitable they would not be selling them. OK Mirkwood is semi-lucid tonight but generally he needs to be locked up as you will find out after you have read some of his posts.
How can you tell when a thai person is lying, theirs lips move.
Same probably applies to anyone else who approaches you and strikes up a conversation, wait for the punch line and it will cost you money. They can't have all lost their passports and credit cards and they will definitely pay you back the next day.

simie
06-30-2010, 08:24 AM
This is quite alarming I'm actually agreeing with some of what Milkpot says! When I moved to Thailand I found it really is a totally different kettle of fish to being on holiday. And it does'nt matter how many times you have been you soon learn living there is different.
I disagree with Milky on sex being the be all to living in Thailand its just one part plenty of other good bits to Thailand. But as he said there are also things that can be extremely frustrating! I lasted 3 months in Pattaya before moving to Bangkok. Personally found it hard as Miltray has to stay out of the bars and off the piss. Pattaya is a holiday place and in my book not a good place to live for most people, but thats just my personal opinion.
Simie.

tom
06-30-2010, 11:19 AM
This is quite alarming I'm actually agreeing with some of what Milkpot says! When I moved to Thailand I found it really is a totally different kettle of fish to being on holiday. And it does'nt matter how many times you have been you soon learn living there is different.
I disagree with Milky on sex being the be all to living in Thailand its just one part plenty of other good bits to Thailand. But as he said there are also things that can be extremely frustrating! I lasted 3 months in Pattaya before moving to Bangkok. Personally found it hard as Miltray has to stay out of the bars and off the piss. Pattaya is a holiday place and in my book not a good place to live for most people, but thats just my personal opinion.
Simie.

I agree with you. Mirky may be right about guys coming to LOS for the sex but there's absolutely no need to go to Pattaya for that reason. Probably quite the opposite - it isn't as if arranging a threesome anywhere in Thailand is anything approaching a challenge. It's more difficult to find a box of Sugar Puffs.

Any time I'm tempted to visit Pattaya rather than BKK I just think of the scabby 'coyotes' in some of the bars and then watch what BKK has to offer as an alternative.

4fd51AjQXoQ

Mirkwood
07-01-2010, 12:45 AM
Bangkok has better looking ladies for sure. I'm 100% converted in that department. Thing is they are more expensive. For me it's probably worth paying as it saves hotel and bus fare to Pattaya. Drink prices seem cheaper here in BKK for some reason. LD's last night were mostly 110 baht.

It took a while. 3 Nana visits but I've finally found a girl I fancy. Lots of eye candy which is nice to snog but this latest squeeze is right up my street. I'll get some photo's.

ROLAND
07-01-2010, 01:05 AM
. I'll get some photo's.

We won't hold our breath waiting :jerkit:

Mirkwood
07-01-2010, 12:00 PM
Seems Babgkokjax has got all the good advice and fucked off

I've had my leg lifted up. I answered all nice as well