PDA

View Full Version : Cheltenham tomorrow....

jonny
03-12-2007, 08:41 PM
For any avid horse racing fans, cheltenham starts tomorrow. I wonder if anyone would like to put there red hot tips forward???

If I remember rightly didn't pentire back the gold cup winner last year??? and didn't it majorly contribute to his recent winter trip??

I'm thinking of trying to take an afternoon off this week to do some bet trading.

old crust
03-12-2007, 10:03 PM
I think the Derby paid for his recent trip.
I'm having a day down there on Wednesday, but to be honest I have'nt got any major tips. A lot will depend on the ground.
If you are trading jonny, I would be tempted to lay Detroit City tomorrow and Kauto Star on Friday. You should be able to back Kauto Star in running for a profit. The only certainty is I'll be getting plenty of ale down me.

ROLAND
03-12-2007, 10:19 PM
Just looking through the form book at the moment to narrow it down a bit, but for me I don't need a bet but I will have a couple to enjoy Cheltenham week.

jonny
03-13-2007, 12:46 PM
I think the Derby paid for his recent trip.
I'm having a day down there on Wednesday, but to be honest I have'nt got any major tips. A lot will depend on the ground.
If you are trading jonny, I would be tempted to lay Detroit City tomorrow and Kauto Star on Friday. You should be able to back Kauto Star in running for a profit. The only certainty is I'll be getting plenty of ale down me.

Kauto star is currently trading at 2.98 to Lay. Looks like there is some possible movement there though when you compare to some of the bookies. 1.6 million traded though with 3 days to go means there is serious money going through the books!

To be honest with the big races there seems to be less of a price movement as there is more money and less volatility. The best races for trading are the more volatile ones. You have to look for a longer trading position with the likes of cheltenham. I might have a look later though?

ROLAND
03-13-2007, 01:16 PM
You still need to know what you're doing on betfair as you'll get caught out like those silly cunts did on the football the other Sunday.
FWIW my E/W fancies today are

Granit Jack
Hobbs Hill
Tidal Fury
Heltornic
Headsontheground
Shazand

But my main investment today is a few quid on a placepot perm

jonny
03-13-2007, 01:24 PM
what happened the other sunday roland???

ROLAND
03-13-2007, 01:42 PM
what happened the other sunday roland???

Some cunt posted on a money saving forum that the odds were all wrong on Betfair for the first goals scorer market and told them all to fill their boots.
So they all went mad and thought they would make a few quid but they hadn't read the small print and that non runners i.e. players not playing or subs would be voided so instead of standing to make a few bob they instead faced losses of thousands. Betfair to their shame stood the losses instead of making them cough up but they all lost the money they had deposited.

old crust
03-13-2007, 05:21 PM
I ended up laying DC, which will pay for tomorrow. Sublimity was traded down from 600/1 on the exchanges, glad I did'nt lay that.

Sound advice from Roland, its best to know what you are doing on betfair or it can be expensive.

jonny
03-13-2007, 10:18 PM
fuck yeh I wouldn't advise anyone to jump in on anything they didn't understand. Betfair operates exactly the same as most other exchanges in the world whether that is the stock excahnge or the forex, it is a live market and don't think for one second it is an easy ride or a sure thing.

Pentire
03-15-2007, 01:17 PM
Very difficult to find winners at Cheltenham as well fellas. It's a championship race meeting with no non triers but plenty of no hopers and already there has been 40 & 50/1 winners.
Today I have had a little bit on Black Jack Ketchum at 9/4 and I backed Exotic Dancer to win tomorrows Gold Cup while I was in Pattaya back in January at 16/1, although Kauto Star the favourite is the one to beat.
On Football and backing with my head and not my heart, yesterday I noted Chelsea were a massive 9/2 to win the EPL so I got involved eventhough I'm a Man Utd fan.

ROLAND
03-15-2007, 01:52 PM
Chelsea won their game in hand last night Mr P so only 6 points and no forlorn hope as they have yet to play at S Bridge yet.

Pentire
03-15-2007, 02:09 PM
I know that Roland, that's why I thought the 9/2 was huge and United at 1/8 was adsurd.
What Price these two also meeting in the two big finals.

ROLAND
03-15-2007, 03:38 PM
Could get three massive matches in a couple of weeks in May, Premiership match at S Bridge, followed by FA Cup Final and finished by Champions League Final.
Hope so.

ferocious
03-15-2007, 06:21 PM
i don't

ROLAND
03-15-2007, 06:49 PM
i don't

Did I say who I wanted in the Champions League final ?

I'd prefer a Man U v Liverpool final :innocent:

ferocious
03-15-2007, 06:57 PM
ok , i thought you were pointing to a chel v scum final

ROLAND
03-15-2007, 07:19 PM
ok , i thought you were pointing to a chel v scum final

I think the final is in Athens ? Would you go ?

ferocious
03-15-2007, 07:30 PM
well i nearly booked a flight the other day £80 odd from luton to athens with easyjet but nobody would book with me but i would still go ...! i had a ticket to the 2005 final but had to knock it back as we'd just started the business