PDA

View Full Version : Motosai in BKK

yusamile
12-01-2009, 02:32 AM
Can you rent bikes in BKK ? Anyone done it ? I know it looks like a crazy place to ride a bike :demo: but i do luv to get out and about under my own steam. Will be staying there for i dont know how long and would like to get out of the city and do a little spontaneous discovery. :canadian:

bouncer
12-01-2009, 04:08 AM
we will all attend your funeral and pay ouer respekt to the only white man that tryed the impossible.

yusamile
12-01-2009, 04:21 AM
we will all attend your funeral and pay ouer respekt to the only white man that tryed the impossible.

What if i just stay to the back soi's and dont go on any main roads where there is major traffic ???...:outcold::tank2::chopperbike::pimpmobile::su b::stretcher: I just want to do a back soi tour of Bangkok!!!! I promise i wont play in the big twaffick daddy :playing:............ :please: Can i ,....:please:

nitroman
12-01-2009, 05:14 AM
Yusa.......R.I.P.

ferocious
12-01-2009, 07:12 AM
i've had motosai taxi's in bangkok & if you think pattaya is scarey you should try bkk :shock: , ok yusa you'll be in control of your bike but the other lunatics on the road will give you major problems i'd not do it & i'm stupid

yusamile
12-01-2009, 07:40 AM
Aawwww shucks, :kickcan:.....guess i wont be doin this then :sportbike:, Spose i'll just have to settle for :cycle: . Hang on what about one of these :horse: ? Then again with the pollution he would prob end up like this, :floghorse: .

penetrator
12-01-2009, 11:08 AM
I've never ridden in Bangkok but would be happy to do so. As long as you remember the golden rule that every pointyhead on the road has no brain in their head and you've got to think for them you should be ok. I think I may ride up there from Pattaya next trip for a couple of days.

Delaware
12-03-2009, 10:08 AM
Had a motorbike taxi once in bangkok and Never again. I thought I was going to die, then I knew I was going to die and once I accepted I was going to die the ride became slightly less terrifying. Soiling myself did not help and, even closing my eyes did not help. Please Yusa dont do it

Slacker
12-03-2009, 10:12 AM
Bangkok is about the only developed city I've spent time in with traffic worse than central London and I'd never ride a moped or bike there either.

You should have seen the Top Gear Vietnam Special (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ya47-ZAkj3Q&feature=related)...Ho Chi Minh City made Bangkok look like a safe haven. Absolute mayhem !

penetrator
12-03-2009, 10:35 AM
You should have seen the Top Gear Vietnam Special (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ya47-ZAkj3Q&feature=related)...Ho Chi Minh City made Bangkok look like a safe haven. Absolute mayhem !

Been there and you're right, total disaster area, their way to negotiate crossroads is everyone try to drive across at the same time whilst beeping your hooter constantly.

Slacker
12-03-2009, 11:29 AM
...their way to negotiate crossroads is everyone try to drive across at the same time whilst beeping your hooter constantly.

On the same programme they tried to infer that you needed to pass a driving test to ride a moped in Vietnam. My guess is that the first thing they do on passing is to throw their copy of the Highway Code in the nearest bin...just like UK cab drivers.

monsterman
12-03-2009, 03:09 PM
I sometimes ride in BKK its not pleasant at all rather take my car

simie
12-10-2009, 10:16 PM
I would'nt advise it. You've got the BTS, MRT and meter cabs are cheap and loads available. Think you'd be crazy biking in Bangers personally!
Simie.

ROLAND
12-11-2009, 06:38 AM
I love going out and about in Bangkok on a motorbike especially at 2am pissed as a fart

yusamile
12-11-2009, 08:17 PM
I love going out and about in Bangkok on a motorbike especially at 2am pissed as a fart

Yep that'll be me . :thumbup:

simie
12-11-2009, 10:10 PM

You would would'nt you?!
Simie.