PDA

View Full Version : Buying a place in thailand

shiva1961
10-27-2009, 07:53 AM
has anyone bought a place in thailand?....i ve read about 30 + 30 or starting up a company...sounds like a hassle...any ideas?

foz
10-27-2009, 12:42 PM
yep forget about it.......................u wont lose your saving that way

simie
10-28-2009, 09:26 AM
Don't do it. Its a mugs game, keep your money invested in your home country and rent in Thailand.
Simie.

bouncer
10-29-2009, 04:45 PM
Do you keep slaves to or is that to mutch ewen for thailand..........

I know a few englenders that need jobs................

nitroman
10-30-2009, 08:24 AM
Hey Shiva, I have lived here in Patong for nearly 5 years, when I first came here I picked up a 2 room apartment on a 30+30+30 lease for 1.3ml baht purchased in my own name and I am still renting it out at 12k/month, no hassles what so ever.
I also purchased a small 2 bedroom fully renovated house and lived in there for about 3.5 years and now have rented that out too.
That was purchased with a Thai co. that my lawyer set up. I just pay a minimal tax on the Co, no hassle with this either.
Just before the credit crunch came my son and myself put a deposit on 2 very small studio apartments in soi 15 off 2nd road (next door to the macure resort) Pattaya these should be finished late Dec early Jan. They are being purchased in the same Thai co name. these are going to be put up for sale when completed, so far no hassles. I now live in a condo which was bought along with a Thai Co that my lawyer runs also, so all I can say is up till now I have had no problems with buying properties over here.