PDA

View Full Version : HTML code

ruhorny
09-08-2009, 10:40 AM
Can somebody please tell me what this is and what purpose it serves?:helpsmilie:

gonzo
09-08-2009, 06:04 PM
Can somebody please tell me what this is and what purpose it serves?:helpsmilie:Sure......Google can.

HTML, which stands for Hyper Text Markup Language, is the predominant markup language for web pages. It provides a means to create structured documents by denoting structural semantics for text such as headings, paragraphs, lists etc as well as for links, quotes, and other items. It allows images and objects to be embedded and can be used to create interactive forms. It is written in the form of HTML elements consisting of "tags" surrounded by angle brackets within the web page content. It can include or can load scripts in languages such as JavaScript, which affect the behavior of HTML processors like Web browsers, and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) to define the appearance and layout of text and other material. The W3C, maintainer of both HTML and CSS standards, encourages the use of CSS over explicit presentational markup.

ruhorny
09-09-2009, 03:13 AM
Thanks Gonzo didn't understand any of it.I was just asking because at the bottom of this page it says HTML code is off,was wondering if it served any purpose in this forum,I guess not.Thanks all the same.:wierdthread:

gonzo
09-09-2009, 04:41 AM
Thanks Gonzo didn't understand any of it.I was just asking because at the bottom of this page it says HTML code is off,was wondering if it served any purpose in this forum,I guess not.Thanks all the same.:wierdthread:In terms of the forum if we switched HTML on it would allow users to embed scripts, such as those trip countdown timers you often see on other forums etc, but it also increases the security vulnerabilities so we decided to shut it off.

ruhorny
09-09-2009, 02:32 PM
Now that was something I could understand,thanks.