PDA

View Full Version : DHL (or similar) UK - Pattaya & Vice Versa

scotchbroth100
08-15-2009, 09:11 AM
Anyone ever used them and are they reliable etc. any info would be greatly appreciated!
thanks in advance

Paul1970
08-15-2009, 09:47 AM
Haven't used DHL but have used Fedex, LOS-US and LOS-UK and never had a problem. Don't go to the numerous FEDEX agents though as their more expensive and not as reliable. The main fedex shop is up in Naklua near the back of Windmill Plaza

Windmill Plaza 665 Moo 5,
Pattaya-Naklua Rd.,
Naklua, Banglamung,
Chonburi 20260

Wiggy
08-15-2009, 10:03 AM
I have used DHL when i was sending important documents to Dubai, the one on second road near Mikes shopping mall and Soi 10, never had any problems and you can track and trace via the internet where your letter/parcel is at the time.

scotchbroth100
08-15-2009, 10:06 AM
cheers guys, I will probably need a reliable courier in the near future, for work and personal stuff!

mandajay
08-15-2009, 12:45 PM
thanks for this post guys as I was wanting to send some stuff home next trip - save carrying it in my suitcase :fatbitch:

tom
08-15-2009, 12:46 PM
Anyone ever used them and are they reliable etc. any info would be greatly appreciated!
thanks in advance

I've used DHL from BKK to UK quite a lot - I sold my house in UK without setting foot out of my hotel in BKK. Never had any problems, but the receptionists handled everything for me - just gave me a receipt and tracking number. If I remember rightly, I was paying around 1,200 Baht for batches of A4 documents.

soi 2
08-15-2009, 10:30 PM
thanks for this post guys as I was wanting to send some stuff home next trip - save carrying it in my suitcase :fatbitch:

manda, depending on what you want to send home. You might want to consider the Thai Post Office. I posted a few things to the UK and they arrived in about 7 days.

Bilbobaggins
08-15-2009, 10:40 PM
manda, depending on what you want to send home. You might want to consider the Thai Post Office. I posted a few things to the UK and they arrived in about 7 days.

11-30pm Gaz.....just woke up and getting ready to go out? dancing

soi 2
08-15-2009, 10:58 PM
Unfortunatley not. Just having a quiet night at home because I'm working at 11 tomorrow. Match of the Day was the highlight of my Saturday night. :suicidal: dancing

thailearner
08-16-2009, 09:34 AM
Unfortunatley not. Just having a quiet night at home because I'm working at 11 tomorrow. Match of the Day was the highlight of my Saturday night. :suicidal: dancing

Same here mate I wish December 29th would come quicker.

woodman2
08-16-2009, 08:00 PM

It`s not cheap Manda. I had the same idea. DHL at the top of Soi 10 quoted me 4,000+ Baht for a box about 40cm x 35cm x 30cm. The box was free.

I ended up buying a cheap case for 250 Baht and checking it in on my flight. There was no excess to pay possibly because the flight was empty.

It went missing a Schiphol and never turned up on my flight home so they ended up taxiing it to me the next day so I didn`t even have to lug it to the car.

mandajay
08-17-2009, 06:48 AM
'tis only little stuff i want to post back - mainly food items, I want to post them as I'm not sure how much I am allowed to take back as luggage.

Wiggy
08-17-2009, 10:23 AM
'tis only little stuff i want to post back - mainly food items, I want to post them as I'm not sure how much I am allowed to take back as luggage.

Are you sure you are allowed to send food items back ?

mandajay
08-17-2009, 08:24 PM
Are you sure you are allowed to send food items back ?

pre-packed or dried food, but not fresh stuff

WobblyJohn
10-01-2009, 06:26 AM
It seems that Fedex is cheaper but if you want something sent from the UK they will only pick up from a business where as DHL will collect from a house

monsterman
10-01-2009, 07:52 AM
DHL are very reliable and honest ,,FEDEX Thailand are ripoff scammers of the highest orders its not the local agents but the ones who control the depot at BKK airport...DO NOT USE FEDEX into BKK !!!and who told us that FEDEX ATLANTA HEAD OFFICE!!!!we lost $28,000 worth of stuff over 2 years all stolen by FEDEX BKK.

nitroman
10-01-2009, 08:48 AM
I have used DHL out of Patong to BKK and found them fucking hopeless, they mixed up my phone number and package with some other guys stuff, nothing but a balls up from start to finish.