PDA

View Full Version : New to the forum

alfresco
06-18-2009, 06:05 PM
Hi, been thinking about a vacation there for a while. Maybe later this year or early next.

tommiecoughlin
06-18-2009, 06:22 PM
:cheers: m8...welcome...dancing

roamer
06-18-2009, 06:27 PM
Hi alfresco
Welcome on board.

old crust
06-18-2009, 06:40 PM
Welcome Al. Good thought you are having.

thailearner
06-18-2009, 06:47 PM
Hi

If you are thinking of going around Christmas New Year time I would start looking for flight prices and book the best you can get.

tommiecoughlin
06-18-2009, 07:24 PM
I once knew a guy named alf resco....couldn't be you...or could it?:detective:

Fork Handles
06-18-2009, 08:46 PM
Tommie, I thought your mate was Alf R Esco? :withstupid:

woodman2
06-19-2009, 05:48 PM
Join in Alfresco. Don`t be an outsider.

scotfan
06-19-2009, 07:24 PM
Stop thinking about it, DO IT. Life is not a rehearsal.

BTW welcome to the board, probably the Carlsberg of all the Pattaya boards. Ask questions. You'll save a small fortune on your first trip by careful homework here. Most of the advice given here is spot on.

E.G. Dont eat yellow snow.

pembroke
10-16-2009, 02:49 PM
Hi there to everyone on this wounderfull site.I am a long time visitor to thailand although pattaya has not been on my list to vist, Iam here because at long last I have stopped working and now trying to sell up everything in UK and live in thailand, hopefully within the pattaya /rayong area So all imformation about the area will be read and stored for further use.

Bilbobaggins
10-16-2009, 06:49 PM
Welcome Pembroke, take your time and enjoy the board, plenty of good lads here, and the lovely Manda.
Remember, the more you post, the more the board will open up for you.
Can I ask you something tho?
Why move to live in Pattaya if you have never visited there? :scratch:

foz
10-16-2009, 10:55 PM
have u been to thialand?

pembroke
10-17-2009, 07:50 AM
[I have thought about living in LOS for a long time, my wife wants to live near her family in kkaen but I know thats not good for me.And because I like the sea so much I agree to live in thailand but near the sea.Iam not too keen on living in pattaya as I am not city boy at hart.About 30-40 miles outside Santahip/Rayong/Baanchang would do. I want to be able to get a fishing boat later and relax.
Iam looking for a house in these areas and trying to sell up here in the uk.
I have some questions to put to the board soon and hope the wealth of imformation from all these gentlemen will assist me
Thanks

Capt Magoo
10-17-2009, 08:01 AM
[I have thought about living in LOS for a long time, my wife wants to live near her family in kkaen but I know thats not good for me.And because I like the sea so much I agree to live in thailand but near the sea.Iam not too keen on living in pattaya as I am not city boy at hart.About 30-40 miles outside Santahip/Rayong/Baanchang would do. I want to be able to get a fishing boat later and relax.
Iam looking for a house in these areas and trying to sell up here in the uk.
I have some questions to put to the board soon and hope the wealth of imformation from all these gentlemen will assist me
Thanks

If you like being near the water, give Hua Hin a look see.

pembroke
10-17-2009, 08:08 AM
If you like being near the water, give Hua Hin a look see.
I have friends who live in the area Iam intrested in and also found hura hin expencive from my past travels.I have been all over thailand and seen some lovely places but by the sea is my goal.
Also one of my hobbies is playing and renovating pool tables and there are so many in that area I think I can have some small side line to stop me getting board.I have read on different sites that we falang get board at times and as I dont drink and party too much what to do

Bilbobaggins
10-17-2009, 01:10 PM
Feel free to ask away pembroke, plenty of good heads on this board to give you some sound advice.
There is also Winston, but ignore him, he knows nuttin'

dancing

pembroke
10-19-2009, 05:05 PM
Feel free to ask away pembroke, plenty of good heads on this board to give you some sound advice.
There is also Winston, but ignore him, he knows nuttin'

dancingI will listen to anyone and hopefully learn my way around Iam trying to learn some thai words at long las now that my wife can speak good english she can teach me.Iam more of a country person and not happy in the city but I hope the T/W will let me explore pattaya at some time so that I can meet up with more board members.

bouncer
10-19-2009, 06:45 PM
Welkome to the board,, ther is plenty of info here if you look and if you cant find it ask away.