PDA

View Full Version : Eggs in Thailand

soi 2
05-31-2009, 11:11 PM
I've been having a look at protein powders out here and they're really expensive compared to the UK. So I was thinking about buying some eggs in the supermarket. Separating the whites from the yolks. And putting the whites in some flavoured milk from 7/11 to create my own protein drinks. Just wondering though -

Are raw eggs safe in Thailand ?

Any advice appreciated ! :benchpress: :cycle:

soi 2
05-31-2009, 11:20 PM
Yes cooked eggs are OK ! Just wondering if I should be wary of raw egg whites in Thailand.

ruhorny
05-31-2009, 11:24 PM
Don't know one way or the other but eggs on a breakfast menu are generally cooked.Eggs can contain samonella which is destroyed by cooking,I would be wary if i were you.:unsure:

Freak
06-01-2009, 08:00 AM
Soi 2, as long as the eggs are fresh you should be ok.

Heres a Protein drink recipe for you

1 cup milk 250ml (low fat if needed)
2 -3 egg whites (depending on size and your taste tolerance)
1 tablespoon milo or a flavouring you choose

Guy who taught me used to use ice cream (covers the egg flavour). Protein drinks used to clog me up and as you said are very expensive. Honey and Banana is nice and its almost a meal.
Cant remember the calorie count but its not high and if you need less cal just use low fat milk and less flavouring.

Also fish is high in protein, (tinned fish) is cheap and you can work it into your day easy. Pretty soon your farts are gunna be stinking.

freak

bouncer
06-01-2009, 08:28 AM
Well or you can do the same thing as bilbo does................ blow boys.....................

soi 2
06-01-2009, 09:00 AM
Thanks for the recipe Freak. I don't have a blender in my room just going to shake it all up in some tupperware container I got in Big C so might try it without the ice cream first of all.

ruhorny I'd be a bit wary of raw eggs back home. Just wondering if anyone knew if eggs here were of a comparable risk factor to back home or more risky.

mandajay
06-01-2009, 07:51 PM
Jay used milo cereal sachets (3 in one type drink) mixed with milk, scrambled eggs, and a cooked chicken from the lady out front of Sutus Court everyday for his protein Gary.

penetrator
06-01-2009, 10:20 PM
Dunno if I'd consume raw egg whites out there, you seen them Thai chickens, they look like they've got aids.

Jinxy1128
06-02-2009, 01:27 AM
This Forum SUCKS--- good-bye

Freak
06-02-2009, 04:00 AM
Good work Jinxy, Go lay an egg :bigfinger

gonzo
06-02-2009, 04:52 AM
I think Jinxy's eggbound.

Elvis
06-02-2009, 05:02 AM
who the fuck puts numbers after there name

Elvis
06-02-2009, 05:08 AM
sorry jinxy 848885949 i put numbers aswell makes us stand out from the rest more posts like your 2 posts you will be a mod soon ..

soi 2
06-02-2009, 12:06 PM
Ok I'll have a look for these Milo cereal drinks, I'd never really heard of them before so thanks for that. The chickens from the front of the Sutus Court are another good shout.

penetrator
06-02-2009, 01:09 PM
Ok I'll have a look for these Milo cereal drinks, I'd never really heard of them before so thanks for that. The chickens from the front of the Sutus Court are another good shout.

They've got loads of sugar in them I think Gazza. You really want either protein or protein and complex carbs, sugar will just go straight on your gut and you'll need some bigger vests. You been in California Wow Fitness in The Avenue, reckon they'll be paeng mak in there though. They've got quite a funky website http://www.californiawowx.com/Home/home.php but bloody slow, see they advertise pole dancing classes, seems a bit pointless in Thailand when you can get paid to do it rather than pay.

I used to have problems getting enough protein when I was into training, could never eat enough and had to make up for it with protein drinks, cost a pissing fortune.

mandajay
06-02-2009, 04:55 PM
The idea is to take the skin off before you eat the chicken lol and anything else bad drips out when it's cooked dancing

soi 2
06-03-2009, 07:54 AM
They've got loads of sugar in them I think Gazza. You really want either protein or protein and complex carbs, sugar will just go straight on your gut and you'll need some bigger vests.

I'll have a read at the contents of these Milo sachets. I'll head to Big C and have a look for them later. What I have done in the past is get porage and soak it in orange juice and then eat it cold the next day once the orange has softened it up for quality carbs. Mix a yoghurt in for taste as well.

I've had a couple of quiet nights and trying to get organised here. Get some food in my room and go to the gym.

The woman that sells chicken in front of Sutus Court has usually packed up by the time I get there but I'll go a bit earlier today. Out of interest how many chickens does Jay get through in a day ??

Edit - its Bodyform that sell protein at California WoW and they have the same stock at Tonys Gym.

Freak
06-03-2009, 01:04 PM
who the fuck puts numbers after there name

Paul you just dont want to forget your ATM pin.

Chuck_Wao
06-03-2009, 01:27 PM
Paul you just dont want to forget your ATM pin.

True - very true....

Chuck_Wao4762

mandajay
06-03-2009, 08:19 PM
We were only buying one a day Gary, and sharing it along with some pineapple, sticky rice and som tam if i fancied it. Another good place to get topped up on your protein was at the hole in the wall on buckaroo, they pack any chicken dish with loads of chicken so we used to eat there quite alot, jay used to have 2 chicken dishes when we went there to keep his protein intake up, heres a pic
http://i622.photobucket.com/albums/tt310/mandapattaya/07052009247.jpg

He was only having one or two of the milo a day at most too. Used the 0% milk for a bit extra. I guess you just have to use what you can get your hands on, but he was on about taking his own protein sachets out there next time for convenience.

DavidH
06-04-2009, 11:43 AM
Tops supermarket at 2nd road/central road junction had a separate counter (back of tills, near magazine racks) selling bodybuilding foodstuffs. No idea on prices, brands or if still available.