PDA

View Full Version : Where is a good place to rent a moped?

smullenpe
02-26-2007, 07:28 AM
I'm thinking about renting a moped to ride around the outskirts of town. I went to one place and they said it's 200 bahts per day or 1200 bahts per week. I wanted to ride around Pattaya on my first trip but was too drunk to even think about getting on a moped.:drunk: But since I'm staying sober during the day, I was seriously thinking about renting a moped to go places without any direction. :scooter:

So, if anyone knows any good place to rent a moped, I would appreciated if you share that informations with me. I'm thinking about renting tomorrow morning. :cheers:

BigBadSi
02-26-2007, 08:02 AM
Dont m8 unless youve got a deathwish

yusamile
02-26-2007, 10:25 AM
There are to many to mention. Make sure you find a place that doesn't want to keep your passport but just a copy. 200 is too much. I pay from 120 for an older to 150 a day for a newish bike and 3000- 3500 for a month. I use a coupla places on soi Baukow and one on Beach rd. But i cant remember their names and its too hard to describe. Just go with your feelings and use " The Force " young Smullwalker:starwars: :starwars:. Dont be afraid, but be careful. It can be lots o fun.

Guido13
02-26-2007, 12:39 PM
Sam, if you are determined to ride a bike, maybe try a moto-taxi first.
It's still dangerous, but at least those guys know the terrain and what they are doing. I used a couple on my last trip and I soon realized that it's just too dangerous to ride in Pattaya unless you're experienced.:scared:

mack
02-26-2007, 06:31 PM
Smull right across the street from the Residence Garden Hotel is a place (there were two there, go to the Spanish guy named Stanley). It's a combined moto rental/laundry. He has the easy to ride, no shifting Yamaha Nuevos. His helmets are shit though so maybe look into picking up a decent helmet elsewhere. Ride during the day, go slow, keep your head on a swivel buddy... it's not a time to ride and look at women, you have to concentrate! And park it for good at night at your hotel when you go out drinking. Good luck (and he should be less than 200 per day) Tell Stanley I said hello.

smullenpe
02-27-2007, 06:56 AM
Smull right across the street from the Residence Garden Hotel is a place (there were two there, go to the Spanish guy named Stanley). It's a combined moto rental/laundry. He has the easy to ride, no shifting Yamaha Nuevos. His helmets are shit though so maybe look into picking up a decent helmet elsewhere. Ride during the day, go slow, keep your head on a swivel buddy... it's not a time to ride and look at women, you have to concentrate! And park it for good at night at your hotel when you go out drinking. Good luck (and he should be less than 200 per day) Tell Stanley I said hello.I got Yamaha Nuevos from middle of Soi 13 for 1400 bahts per week. I'm parking in the hotel parking lot when I go out drinking. I don't drink and drive anymore. Hell, I could bearly walk when I'm drunk. :drunk:

bluejake79
03-11-2007, 04:39 PM
There is a place on Soi Diana, just further past Areca Lodge Hotel on the same side of the road, when you are walking from 2nd Road. You cannot miss the place.They do cars and motorbikes. The price for mopeds depends on model/age but range from about 160 baht to 200 baht per day. They photocopy your passport and you have to leave a 2000 baht deposit which is returned when you return the bike in one piece.

Good range of bikes and cars and I have never had a problem with them.