PDA

View Full Version : Pattaya United F.C

ferocious
03-12-2009, 07:56 PM
Got this off pattaya daily news wouldn't mind taking a game in over there also i see their selling tops on their website which is mainly in thai so i can't tell if the season is still running in june when i'm back over there:clueless:

On 5th March at 2:00 pm the official inauguration of Pattaya’s new football club, Pattaya United (or in Thai “Loma Fah Kao” – “The blue and white dolphin”) took place at the Garden Seaview Hotel in North Pattaya.

In attendance were the club’s chairman Mr. Sontaya Kunpleum, the club’s advisor, Pattaya City Mayor, Khun Itipon and the team manager Mr. Pansak Ketwattha. Also present were the team members, their supporters club and sports reporters from around Thailand.

The previous name of the club was “Coke Bangprah” which had played many matches in the Thai Premier League. Mr. Sontaya had decided to take over the team and make some improvements, including the name change, with the aim of making Pattaya United one of the topflight football teams in Thailand.
The club’s eventual home ground will be the new 700 million baht, 20,000 seat indoor stadium which is due for completion in 2010. For the time being they will use the Nong Prue Stadium which has recently hosted the Queen’s Cup tournament.
Pattaya United have already opened a new shop to sell their shirts (light blue) and other team related items and they hope to build up a supporter base of up to 5000 within the first year with the help of their website: www.pattayautd.com

Mr. Sontaya said The Pattaya United team had been training hard and intend to be among the top 5 of the Thailand Premier League. He added that Pattaya United would follow in the foot(ball)steps of “ Chalarm Chon” [Chonburi Shark] , the famous Chonburi Football Club, which is their role model. They also hope to play in the Asian Football Federation club tournament.
Mr. Ittipom said Pattaya is already a famous tourist City and hosts a range of sporting activities. He was delighted the city could now offer football as an additional attraction. For anyone interested in seeing Pattaya United in action, Mr. Pansak, the club manager, said that on the 8th March they be will be playing against a local team, Sriracha FC, at the Nong Preu stadium.

http://pattayautd.com/

Bilbobaggins
03-12-2009, 08:15 PM
why didn't they call it Pattaya City?
Could have used the lighted display in their advertising!
any team called yoonighted not worth following :bigfinger

ferocious
03-12-2009, 08:18 PM
got the same shirt sponsors as everton too bill but i'll try to get to a game if i'm in town

Bilbobaggins
03-12-2009, 09:09 PM
got the same shirt sponsors as everton too bill but i'll try to get to a game if i'm in town

me too....but where is this 20,000 all seater?

ferocious
03-12-2009, 09:11 PM
darkside i think built for next year some time

Bilbobaggins
03-12-2009, 09:20 PM
I'd like to see it, gotta be better than Rajamangala :thumbsup:

old crust
03-12-2009, 09:20 PM
I would be interested to go and see what sort of standard the Thai league is. I've watched a few locals having a kick about and their touch looked good, somehow I don't think the work rate will be high though. Might be some coaching opportunities, if they take Peter Reid as the national manager there is hope for us all.

ferocious
03-12-2009, 09:29 PM
clips on youtube lol , worth watching till the end to see how high the centre forward clears the bar by... looks decent enough standard to watch and i bet you can :3beers: on the terrace and it won't be :cold:

SCY7HupThP4

old crust
03-12-2009, 10:14 PM
Good clip, the standard does look okay to watch. It is nice to actually stand and do as you like on the terrace. I went to the MK Dons new ground a couple of weeks ago, they have a big concourse behind the seats which they let us watch the game from standing up.

penetrator
03-15-2009, 02:40 PM
Apparently they have 3 games in June, away in Bkk on 7 June, at home against TOT on 14 June and last game of the season away in Bkk again on 21 June.

Be good if someone started a rival Pattaya City FC with 1 based in North Pattaya and 1 in South so "you dirty northern bastards" could be chanted and have some terrace violence, Pattaya United Casuals vs Pattaya City Service Crew :kicking:

Bilbobaggins
03-15-2009, 02:47 PM
:lmao3:
good post Pen made me laugh.

So, does anyone know if they have any games in May?

penetrator
03-15-2009, 02:59 PM
:lmao3:
good post Pen made me laugh.

So, does anyone know if they have any games in May?

My translators gone offline but as far as I can make out they're at home 2, 10, 16, 31 May and away 23rd.

Bilbobaggins
03-15-2009, 03:33 PM
definitely gonna try and take a game in then, should be different
got a website I can see it all on?

gonzo
03-15-2009, 05:16 PM
So, does anyone know if they have any games in May?Just asked for a translation and if there were games in april and was told 'have game but better go swimming, football thai mai dee, play no good, just kick in sky' :laughing:

ferocious
03-15-2009, 08:36 PM
Be good if someone started a rival Pattaya City FC with 1 based in North Pattaya and 1 in South so "you dirty northern bastards" could be chanted and have some terrace violence, Pattaya United Casuals vs Pattaya City Service Crew :kicking:

you southerners have never had any style but i'm in , be a bit warm to wear me jacket
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a316/cmtltd/thecasuals.jpg

& i've still go me shoes gonzo should remember me wearing these

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a316/cmtltd/DiadoraBorgEliteGold.jpg

be funny having to wear shorts and t-shirts to the match for a change:hmmm:

penetrator
03-22-2009, 02:23 PM
Sounds like they need all the support they can get:

http://www.pattayamail.com/current/sports.shtml#hd1